TVPAD 4 Logo Stuck

Comments

• This might fix the your issue!
    My cousin's tvpad4 was having the same issue, tvpad4 logo stuck. It turned out the power adapter was bad because they never power the tvpad4 off.
    I used their old tvpad2 power adapter on tvpad4 and this fixed it. Good luck.
  • Yes indeed, it fixed my others boxes too, sometime the power adopter failed for no reason.
  • I have the same problem as DENSEFURY, my tvpad 4 had been reset unsuccessfully and was frozen during the process. After unplug and replug the power, itt's now got stuck with TVPad4 logo & yellow flash bar on the screen, and I cannot get back to the Android recovery mode with the reset button anymore. Anyone has solution to get out of this boot loop problem? Has anyone try to access the box using windows pc and ADB (android debug bridge) software? I don't even know if I can access the box with the USB A male to A male cable (since TVPad doesn't have any micro USB like most of the android phones).

I'd appreciate any info on repairing this issue! Thanks.
  • 535four535four Member
    edited April 2017
    @noisyfrank you may try UKTVPAD method, this is same as tvpad 4.
  • 535four, thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, both the hard reset (with the reset button) or the soft reset (with the remote, as shown in your link) could not work to get my box back to the android recovery window. Thus I was hopeing to see if there is any alternative (maybe connecting to it with ADB through windows pc) to reset the box.
  • I was able to open the TVPad 4 and saw a 4-pin connector on the circuit board. Wondering if it can be used to connect to a pc, if I get the right cable!
  • I was able to open the TVPad 4 and saw a 4-pin connector on the circuit board. Wondering if it can be used to connect to a pc, if I get the right cable!
    Can you see that there is a reset button at the bottom?
  • Yes. There was a pin hole to access the reset button at the bottom. I could also access the reset button by opening up the box. I did leave the power off, hold the reset button for at least 20 seconds, then plug the power. Doing all these would not able to bring up the android recovery window. The screen would just start with the TVPad4 logo and yellow flash line, and stuck on that.
  • My screen would look like
    https://postimg.org/image/hrdd9z22d/
    as densefury has shown before.
  • If this is the case, it can use pc to make it work,
    My screen would look like
  • I hope it does. I've just ordered a USB Type A Male to Type A Male cable (such as http://www.ebay.com/itm/142141187551). Hopefully, I can use it to connect the TVPad box to the pc and run ADB to reset the box. I'm not sure if the pc could recognize the android box through the USB. Will have to try to find out!
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    Yes. There was a pin hole to access the reset button at the bottom. I could also access the reset button by opening up the box. I did leave the power off, hold the reset button for at least 20 seconds, then plug the power. Doing all these would not able to bring up the android recovery window. The screen would just start with the TVPad4 logo and yellow flash line, and stuck on that.
    Oh man you have hold the reset button and plug the power at the sametimes try again please
  • Cheuk5, that's what I did. I powered the unit off for a long time, then hold the reset button for at least 20 sec. While holding the reset, I pluged in the power and keep holding it. All that still could not fix it.

One thing I regret was that when I did this the first time and saw android recovery window, I did not do "wipe cache partition" but go straight to "clear data/factory reset". Maybe the corrupted data in the cache has caused all these issues I'm getting. Now this box is stuck in boot looping that could not be resolved with the hard reset anymore!
    What is the procedures? what program to use @benxiong?
    Use "USB_Burning_Tool"
    Use "USB_Burning_Tool"
    Thanks, I might have use it some day :)
  • tomato123tomato123 Show Producer
    Have you try the remote method?

Wipe cache partition won't fix anything, you need to reload the firmware like the video.
    Cheuk5, that's what I did. I powered the unit off for a long time, then hold the reset button for at least 20 sec. While holding the reset, I pluged in the power and keep holding it. All that still could not fix it.

One thing I regret was that when I did this the first time and saw android recovery window, I did not do "wipe cache partition" but go straight to "clear data/factory reset". Maybe the corrupted data in the cache has caused all these issues I'm getting. Now this box is stuck in boot looping that could not be resolved with the hard reset anymore!
  • Benxiong, thanks a lot. Initially I was going to use ADB and Fastboot to reset the unit (since I do not know what processor is in it). But since you've mentioned "USB Burning tool", I assume TVPad4 has Amlogic processor inside. I'll give this a try, when I receive the USB cable that I've ordered from eBay. Thanks
  • Tomato123, thanks for the suggestion. I've tried the remote method already, but still could not get to the android recovery window. If I can get to the recovery mode again to redo the factory reset, I could reload the firmware afterwards to get the unit to work, I hope!
  • tomato123tomato123 Show Producer
    You may try more. Mine would not get to recovery if I press menu repeatly too fast.
    Tomato123, thanks for the suggestion. I've tried the remote method already, but still could not get to the android recovery window. If I can get to the recovery mode again to redo the factory reset, I could reload the firmware afterwards to get the unit to work, I hope!