Moonbox M3 on black screen. Launcher not showing. all blank. Please HELP!

Hi guys, today my Moonbox M3 (black original) played up and I can't get to the main menu after the Moonbox logo. The blue main menu doesn't show up. I tried everything from unplugging everything and power on, tried a few times changed HDMI still no good. Every time it loads the Moonbox spinning logo then stays on black screen. I don;t know what to do as I bought the unit end of 2014 Dec, so its over a year old already, so the authorized seller is not helping. Can someone help and see what I can do to fix it? Can I get a firmware or factory reset the unit?

Comments

• firmware link:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/hd1xoi455i49jlm/白板科技M3_20140811.rar?dl=0
    Thanks but how can I reset it's firmware....
  • Hey all, just so you know, there's indeed reset button inside the box. You just need to open it up and it will factory reset, TV apps garden will still be there so no issues
  • did u used the following method???

• did u used the following method???

No I rip opened the box entirely. Found a white button inside. I took a guess hold on to that while boot up and it reset the unit. Hope this helps.
  • SNHKSNHK Junior Member
    File not available anymore, can you repost? My friend's M3 is stuck at Moonbox logo. The internal reset button doesn't do anything.

Thanks.
  • it looks like many different brand TV Box with same issues recently.
  • bigpapil,

I am running into the same blank screen problem with my M3, same symtom as neonlight but after I opened mine, there is no white reset button. Cannot view the video you linked because it is marked private, do you or anyone have anyway I can reset the box? I already tried holding down the OK key on remote while plugging in the power, does not work.

Thanks in advance
  • Stuck on the logo meaning the room damaged, you can't hook it up, you can't perform the factory reset.

The box is done, you need to buy another box. If your box is newly purchased, you need to ask the seller for replacement.
  • Stuck on the logo meaning the room damaged, you can't hook it up, you can't perform the factory reset.

The box is done, you need to buy another box. If your box is newly purchased, you need to ask the seller for replacement.
    It is not stuck on the logo, it will go past the logo and then go dark like neonlight experienced before, he was able to reset it using the reset button on board but mine does not have a reset button.

Thanks

It is not stuck on the logo, it will go past the logo and then go dark like neonlight experienced before, he was able to reset it using the reset button on board but mine does not have a reset button.

Thanks
    Is it possible your mac address has been removed from their server?

They probably feel your box reach the maturity and not allowing you use the box anymore.

Thanks
    Sorry can't help you in that. My unit had a very small white button after opening the box itself. I forced it open at one corner after unscrew. The circuit board facing the bottom left has that button.
  • It's very tiny it looks like a rectangular I with metal bracket around it.
  • Transistor or IC it looks like and its very flat
  • edited November 2016
    Thanks for your replies.

neonlight: I have a photo of my moonbox viewed without the cover, but I don't know how to attach to this reply, tried the image button but no luck, do you have an email I can forwward it to? I can't seem to see a white reset button, maybe you can help me find it.

BTW: Since I cannot view Bigpapil's video, can someone tell me what the reset process was in it?

Regards
    Post edited by Manza7 on
  • Manza, its in the bottom face of the card. Its close to the front side. I haven't test it but will try neonlights method.
  • Manza, its in the bottom face of the card. Its close to the front side. I haven't test it but will try neonlights method.
    Yeah it should work. I figure that out myself after removing the casing at the bottom. This is the original M3. You need to use a screwdriver somewhat force one of the corners, to rip open the case....it will stuff the plastic.

Anyhow if you managed to get it working....and have Cherrylive plus app. You need to then register here http://www.cherrytvplus.com/ with your MAC address