華人電視

Comments

• edited August 2016
    Would like to know whick app work for iPhone?? :s
    Neither? As this app is only for ANDROID phones/pads and ANDROID tv boxes! It says so on their website! :#

Post edited by BadEgg on
  • Just my quick review the replay function doesn't work well. It shatters and repeats the stream in odd fashion for first 30 secs or so it looks in fact....
  • Just my quick review the replay function doesn't work well. It shatters and repeats the stream in odd fashion for first 30 secs or so it looks in fact....
    I did check out the replay last night to view a cooking show that was aired not long ago before I replayed and it did play smoothly. The issue you encountered might be due to prime time busy server. But yeah, these apps are in no way replacements for other TV boxes such as TVPad 4, BlueTV or HTV3 but backups in the event your existing TV box is playing up.

• Will this app work on Firetv Stick?
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @Joyce You can probably install it following this tutorial

http://tvpadtalk.ca/discussion/comment/5606/#Comment_5606
  • vqin88vqin88 Junior Member
    Or, try this method:
    1. download the 華人電視 apk for TV box
    2. upload the apk to your google drive
    3. use ES File Explorer (assumed you have already installed this app, if not, just download from Amazon App store) to access your google drive
    4. locate the apk in your google drive
    5. double click to install the apk

It should work.
  • @padman - thanks for the information! I would love to give this a try, however, I only have a mac at home, not sure if I can do the "ADB part with C prompt" with a mac. My guess is no? I'm not very tech savvy and those C prompt codes are freaking me out :)

@vqin88 - thanks for your response but I've already tried something similar to your method by using ES File Explorer. I was able to download the apk directly to my device using ES, however, I keep getting an installation error, application not installed message. I've also used this app called "apps2fire" to sideload it from my android phone to the stick and got the same error. This apk just won't install and yes I did download the TV box version (well I tried both the phone/pad and tv version with no success).
  • vqin88vqin88 Junior Member
    Then, install the 華人電視 on your Android phone for the time being. Maybe it is time to invest an Android TV box if you want to watch Chinese/Korean dramas using this kind of apps.
  • feifei
    edited August 2016
    This is a very good app. Since my iplayer stopped working I had to resort to watching recorded programming off azdrama. Now I can watch live TV again.

The replay function doesn't work for me, and it's something for them to improve.

I haven't tried out the other channels as i just use it to watch TVB.

Don't know how long this app will remain free, but I'd guess they'll want you to pay for it later either by monthly or annual subscription. I might consider paying if it is under £40 a year.
  • Actually one particular good app to have is called TV PLUS 2. No TVB stuff on it though, but hundreds of mainland Chinese live channels, and lots of movie channels, some even showing HK movies in Cantonese.

I dont know where to get the apk file as i installed it off another app called VST.

Hope that helps someone.
  • 535four535four Member
    edited August 2016
    TV Plus is a good app, there's a tons of apps that you can watch live stream China channels just pick the one you like. You can download a app from
    http://app.shafa.com/category/vod/?sort_by=edit_time&page=2
    Thanked by 1fei
  • golddragongolddragon Junior Member
    The 7 days Vod of this 華人電視 apk is mot working for couple days? Does anyone has the same problems?
  • TV Plus is a good app, there's a tons of apps that you can watch live stream China channels just pick the one you like. You can download a app from
    http://app.shafa.com/category/vod/?sort_by=edit_time&page=2
    Thanks 535four, I'll definitely try some of these apps.
  • The 7 days Vod of this 華人電視 apk is mot working for couple days? Does anyone has the same problems?
    The replay function does not work at all for me. Live is fine.
  • The 7 days Vod of this 華人電視 apk is mot working for couple days? Does anyone has the same problems?
    I have the same problem since its upgrade a couple of days ago.
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    The 7 days Vod of this 華人電視 apk is mot working for couple days? Does anyone has the same problems?
    I have the same problem since its upgrade a couple of days ago.
    They are back to normal now.
  • They are back to normal now.
    Yes, last night I watched the TVB VOD again and it was good again. Might need to test it at different times but I would not say it is 100% stable, even with their live stream. Just last night, I encountered some stuttering issues while watching live and had to switch back to the BlueTV app. I cannot complain much about this app when it works as I find the picture quality is generally better than TVPad, BlueTV and UBox's in house live tv/playback apps. Just hope that its performance will not suffer after more and more people subscribed to it!
  • 535four535four Member
    edited August 2016
    They are back to normal now.
    Yes, last night I watched the TVB VOD again and it was good again. Might need to test it at different times but I would not say it is 100% stable, even with their live stream. Just last night, I encountered some stuttering issues while watching live and had to switch back to the BlueTV app. I cannot complain much about this app when it works as I find the picture quality is generally better than TVPad, BlueTV and UBox's in house live tv/playback apps. Just hope that its performance will not suffer after more and more people subscribed to it!
    Yup..I remember when it just first came out, the video pop up instantly less than a second, now it took much longer, but wait, I just got updated to 1.10 while I'm type and now it fast loading again...cross our fingers B)
  • I've noticed that if you exit the app, it says you get one year expiry date from date of registration.

Wonder what this means?

Also, if you've been watching TVB's Olympics coverage, is the audio in English at the Jade channel? It is for me, and I can't get it change to Cantonese.