BlueTV

Comments

• padmanpadman Moderator
    edited July 2016
    @BadEgg Did you email or contact them on the live chat ? Probably some miscommunication somewhere.

@535four I'm sure he's around, I don't think he monitors the forums as much.
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    I also contacted cntvpad.com yesterday to raise my issue. They wanted me to send them screen shots of the issue and I did. Not long ago, they sent me a reply which said: "Sorry that Blue TV can not be used in Mainland china and Hongkong area.It is for overseas chinese,it can be used in whole world except Mainland china and hongkong.

You can use it in Canada.
    "

Who said I was in mainland China or Hong Kong??? I did stress that I was in Australia, not Canada! I don't know what is going on.
    Do you know any people can use Blue Tv in Australia?

• I contacted them first via live chat then the cntvpadsupport staff asked me to send the pictures of the issue to [email protected] as the other technical support staff was not available. This afternoon, I got a reply from the staff whom I had the live chat with. That reply is mentioned in my last post above ^^^
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    edited July 2016
    @BadEgg Can you PM me your Mac address of the bluetv ? I'll email Thomas directly for you.

Make sure it's PM and not on my wall :)

• Do you know any people can use Blue Tv in Australia?

No, I do not know anyone who uses BlueTv in Australia. I am the first guinea pig that I know of, so to speak. I do not even know any physical store that sell BlueTV in Australia but I think there is a store in Sydney sells them. No use as I am not in Sydney. That's why I wanted to ask for reassurance on cntvpad.com live chat and this forum that BlueTV would work in Australia before I committed to make my purchase. I really want to know if I can get the device to work and if not, what I can do.

• cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member

Do you know any people can use Blue Tv in Australia?

No, I do not know anyone who uses BlueTv in Australia. I am the first guinea pig that I know of, so to speak. I do not even know any physical store that sell BlueTV in Australia but I think there is a store in Sydney sells them. No use as I am not in Sydney. That's why I wanted to ask for reassurance on cntvpad.com live chat and this forum that BlueTV would work in Australia before I committed to make my purchase. I really want to know if I can get the device to work and if not, what I can do.

Right now the only way is PM your MAC number to Mr.Padman and let him to help you find out what is going on
  • @BadEgg Can you PM me your Mac address of the bluetv ? I'll email Thomas directly for you.

Make sure it's PM and not on my wall :)
    Will do! I did ask the cntvpad.com online chat support if they needed my MAC address yesterday and they said they already know my MAC address! I thought how amazing or that I was the only Australian customer they had lately!
  • @padman PM with MAC address sent. Thank you heaps! =)
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    Information forwarded!
  • To all who is concerning how my BlueTV is going:

I just received an email from cntvpad.com notifying me that my BlueTV has now been activated as it was not activated before it was sent to me. I don't know if thomastv has worked his magic after padman forwarded my BlueTV info or the cntvpad.com support staff had finally remember to activate my device. I am happy to report that my BlueTV is now in working order =)
    I will now go play with it and install apps on it!

Thanks everyone! :3
  • Just received my brand new BlueTV and have been setting it up for half an hour. I cannot seem to connect it to server. I tried auto and manual settings but I still get a red cross next to the little man. Not to mention this does not allow me an access to the App Store. @thomastv and @padman: any ideas?
    Sorry, we are in different timezones, thus the delayed answer. I think I found your ticket and according to the exchanged messages you got it working. Right?
    The device simply needed re-activation for some reason.

And sorry as well about the confusing message regarding HK and China. Our staff is not native English speaking (obviously) :)
  • @thomastv all good! :) Thanks for @padman 's and your time in resolving the issue. I appreciate it. If I ran into any other troubles with the BlueTV, I will sure bug you (and Mr. Padman) for help! :p

Thanks everyone here who tried to identify what could have caused the issue B)
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @BadEgg Glad its working now.

Leave us a review of what you think of it =)
  • edited July 2016
    Hi, padman,

I also purchased a BlueTV via cntvpad.com as you suggested. Received it today (BTW, I am in USA). Exactly the same problem like BadEgg. Red x on the man. Tried both LAN and wireless. Can you help to connect me to the right person?
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @gre_engin Forwarded your information.

:)
  • Hi, padman,

I also purchased a BlueTV via cntvpad.com as you suggested. Received it today (BTW, I am in USA). Exactly the same problem like BadEgg. Red x on the man. Tried both LAN and wireless. Can you help to connect me to the right person?
    Hey!

Could you please send us an email with your order number? Or just reply to the order confirmation email and describe your problem. This would reach our tech support directly and create a ticket. Then they can re-activate the box.
    I can speed up the process but first we need a ticket and the data :)
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @gre_engin You got the issue resolved I assume ?

• @thomastv the blueTV box is now all good! Thanks for padman 's and your time in resolving the issue. for us. Once the CSR replied saying the box is re-activiated, it is working now. ^_^
    Thanked by 1padman
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @gre_engin Thanks for the update !
  • edited August 2016
    Hi all, I can confirmed that the bluetv box working quite well. My previous box was maigetv and tvpad 3. Maige was the best and was very simple to use, have it for 2 years. This box remind me of it, but I found the picture and sound is not as good and clear. The contents is bit lacking but it does have more cantonese speaking drama and movies content which is good for me. It's a new release box so it might take some time to build up the library, as long as the newer contents get put on; I am not complaining. The live tvb, other USA and pay TV channels is quick and quite stable, but maige have lots more. Not sure too much about China and Taiwan tv channels I don't watch it at all. I just have it for about a week, it work well for the last few days but tonight it seemed to be lagging and loading quite a bit. I am from Melbourne and my internet is cable ultimate telstra. I choose this over h.tv 3 box as it is cheaper and newer device (Same company as tvpad 4)- I hope this will last for 1 or 2 years so I get my money worth. Hope this note help you fellow box buyer cya
    Thanked by 2padman thomastv