Is there a way to get Google Playstore on TVpad 4?

2»

Comments

• cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    It didn't clear the app from the front page. The only thing happened was the cantonese app moved to the last page. Everything seemed the same.
    For me, what happened was the front page flush out all app shortcuts. Existing apps are still installed and in place, but I couldn't launch unless I got to Tvpad Appstore and launch from there. I discovered I had to install another app and all apps including the Google play ones comes on screen....it is weird.
    Yes I has same thing .I has uninstall the app and reinstall again.I think we better erase every thing before undate the frimwave
    Thanked by 1dragonlee888
  • It didn't clear the app from the front page. The only thing happened was the cantonese app moved to the last page. Everything seemed the same.
    For me, what happened was the front page flush out all app shortcuts. Existing apps are still installed and in place, but I couldn't launch unless I got to Tvpad Appstore and launch from there. I discovered I had to install another app and all apps including the Google play ones comes on screen....it is weird.
    Yes I has same thing .I has uninstall the app and reinstall again.I think we better erase every thing before undate the frimwave
    I don't really want to do that erase everything. I have kodi setup with all my repository. It takes ages to set them up again. Unless there's a way to back up all the apps. It was not possible before. Any suggestions on how to backup apps and settings before upgrades?
  • Ok I try to update firmware 0.566 OTA from 0.560 .Yes finally they are unblock the google play function and also can connect to app store in USA. It seems Tvpad is go back normal now :p B)

If your Pad is ver.0.545 than you need to update to 0.560 by manual and then up to 0.566
    (because ver.0.545 cannot connect to server in US)
    Exactly how do you update to 0.560 manually? I thought you can't download firmware packages seperately. Please provide some steps and links?
  • Since ota update my rooted Tvpad is no longer.
    Has any one managed to root this new firmware?
  • edited January 2017
    You can download most Google Play Store app over www.apkpure.com.
    Post edited by Goldmanlu on
    edited January 2017
    It didn't clear the app from the front page. The only thing happened was the cantonese app moved to the last page. Everything seemed the same.
    I don't really want to do that erase everything. I have kodi setup with all my repository. It takes ages to set them up again. Unless there's a way to back up all the apps. It was not possible before. Any suggestions on how to backup apps and settings before upgrades?
    Ok in Kodi setup they have a backup option you can backup every thing for you checking in youtube it was very good.Check it out here
    Post edited by cheuk5 on
    edited January 2017
    Ok I try to update firmware 0.566 OTA from 0.560 .Yes finally they are unblock the google play function and also can connect to app store in USA. It seems Tvpad is go back normal now :p B)

If your Pad is ver.0.545 than you need to update to 0.560 by manual and then up to 0.566
    Exactly how do you update to 0.560 manually? I thought you can't download firmware packages seperately. Please provide some steps and links?
    I mean when your Tvpad is 0.5054 it cannot go through OTA to update the frimwave.Then you need to download the frimwave file to micro sd card (that was one sugest by Mr.Padman )to manual updat to 0.5060
    Post edited by cheuk5 on
  • Since ota update my rooted Tvpad is no longer.
    Has any one managed to root this new firmware?
    Already done now, using link2sd to move kodi successfully. Kodi thumbnails too big a folder for tvpad4.
  • tomato123tomato123 Show Producer
    Where can I download 0.566 OTA?
    Ok I try to update firmware 0.566 OTA from 0.560 .Yes finally they are unblock the google play function and also can connect to app store in USA. It seems Tvpad is go back normal now :p B)

• Ok I try to update firmware 0.566 OTA from 0.560 .Yes finally they are unblock the google play function and also can connect to app store in USA. It seems Tvpad is go back normal now :p B)

I mean when your Tvpad is 0.5054 it cannot go through OTA to update the frimwave.Then you need to download the frimwave file to micro sd card (that was one sugest by Mr.Padman )to manual updat to 0.5060
    Yeah I understand that. But I'm not sure where you guys get the firmware files to dump on SD card to update manually from 0.5054 to 0.5060
    edited January 2017

Yeah I understand that. But I'm not sure where you guys get the firmware files to dump on SD card to update manually from 0.5054 to 0.5060
    Please try to ask Mr.Padman let him release the v0.560 frimware again or the new V 0.566 (who know) <3 B)
    edited January 2017

go here http://tvpadnews.com/2017/01/15/upgrade-method-for-tvpad-4-to-5-060/
    Post edited by padman on
  • edited January 2017
    I have not tried it on the tvpad4 as I tend to side load items I need. I'm kind of a different user as I've got my tvpad4 rooted and, despite what everyone else says, I run Kodi on it too.
    Off topic a bit but how well does kodi run on tvpad4?... Im thinking of installing it on now since google playstore is officially on TVpad4 now.

Also since the update, I too found the apps I had at the top were then changed to the bottom of the screen, is there a way or app I can re-arrange the apps so the ones I watch most are back to the top, without deleting everything and installing the apps again 1 by 1?
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @sonyman Just press the menu button on the remote. You can rearrange the apps

Anyway, I really wouldn't bother putting kodi on t4, since t4 only has 8GB of space.

Just get a cheap android box and be done with it
    Thanked by 1sonyman
  • oh right...cheers...I dont use the tvpad often....its for my folks cus moaning the cantonese tv app had moved to the bottom
  • Kodi does run very well on TVpad 4
    Thanked by 1sonyman