MoonBox vs TvPad

2»

Comments

• gqone76gqone76 TV Nuts
    edited December 2015
    well one chicken that is about to go dead can't produce any egg's and some parents needs are now. so would have to look for alternatives to make them happy. which in my case I've resolved with moonbox and ubox, I do like ubox better though better layout and live channel blew my mind. VOD's well needs some work but on par with tvpad3 VOD, just bit of learning curve on few chinese characters to run filter to find right VOD. but as with any IPTV device that doesn't charge you, there will always be risk of getting into copyright fight and ultimately shutdown,
    For my need, if I were to get service through properly licensed device it will cost me $30 a month and doesn't even have variety choices. so even if they get sued in next 4 month and shutdown in 8 month, it's fine with me still saved me 50% cost.
  • netdevil08netdevil08 Just Watchin`
    edited December 2015
    Agreed . Those so called " Licensed Service Provider" are just another Blood sucker . I'll rather pay 199USD for my Tvpad instead of giving those blood sucker $$ which they never improve their content at all ..Support all kinds of TVBOX ....
  • EinEin Just Watchin`
    Instead of fighting the them in the courts, the contents providers should just partner with the hardware makers. The hardware makers' software and distribution system are better than any of the providers have. And don't charge $30, if Netflix can make money under $10. So can they.
  • drdtycdrdtyc Junior Member
    I have TVPad 2 and Moonbox M3S. The latter was purchased as a backup when TVPad 2 starting to get intermittent unavailability in late Nov 2015. I am pretty disappointed by the bad streaming of replayed HK TV shows. They keep on skipping after a few minutes of replaying a VOD. It becomes very much unwatchable when the stream was a news program replay, e.g. TVB 6.30pm News. Do not buy Moonbox if you are mainly interested in replay of recent TVB shows. Replay of older drama series are OK, though.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    Thanks for the review. That kinda confirms my thought about Moonbox's company.

I had a brief phone chat with their rep (From China) few weeks ago. Seems like they are only interested in making a sale.
    I have TVPad 2 and Moonbox M3S. The latter was purchased as a backup when TVPad 2 starting to get intermittent unavailability in late Nov 2015. I am pretty disappointed by the bad streaming of replayed HK TV shows. They keep on skipping after a few minutes of replaying a VOD. It becomes very much unwatchable when the stream was a news program replay, e.g. TVB 6.30pm News. Do not buy Moonbox if you are mainly interested in replay of recent TVB shows. Replay of older drama series are OK, though.
  • There used to be a lot more info under Moonbox section before this forum layout was changed. What happened to those posts?
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @neonlight Nop, the Moonbox was always quiet. All posts in this section is still here.
  • @neonlight Nop, the Moonbox was always quiet. All posts in this section is still here.
    I meant when it was u derived tvpadtalk.com before it got notice of order and shutdown I recall the info there on Moonbox is a lot more. Unless the content wasn't passed over to tvpadtalk.ca site
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @neonlight You definitely remembered wrong ;)

Just checked the old forum and it only have 1 thread/topic under the Moonbox forum.
  • TvpaderTvpader Junior Member
    Is moonbox vod doing any better now?
  • not sure about VOD, but live is buffering crazy after like 10 min of watching
  • The reliability of MB is still very poor after more than 1 year of service.

Previously, MB claimed their poor service was due to server attached by competitions. Last week I checked, there was a scrolling banner on top of the screen saying that the sever was on maintenance and the problem would be fixed in 48 hours. But as of yesterday, the banner was still there.
  • The reliability of MB is still very poor after more than 1 year of service.

Previously, MB claimed their poor service was due to server attached by competitions. Last week I checked, there was a scrolling banner on top of the screen saying that the sever was on maintenance and the problem would be fixed in 48 hours. But as of yesterday, the banner was still there.
    Maybe you should buy the HTV3 and sell you moonbox while it still worth some money. I have friends & acquaintance here in NYC raved about the performance of HTV3 box.
  • Moonbox is still better than Unblock
  • Do you think the Moonbox is ending its life and will release another box?
  • Do you think the Moonbox is ending its life and will release another box?
    I know the original M3 still works but less content than new Pro units. Some apps don't work but good enough for a 2. 5 year old box