Napper IPTV v12.x upgrade

2»

Comments

• SNHKSNHK Junior Member
    edited April 2018
    Seems to lag a lot, freezes too, hopefully is temporarily. Don't see any difference in app though.
    @bamby8 did it work the same?

• bamby8bamby8 Junior Member
    edited April 2018
    Same here, there are issues with ch. 1 & 2 HK channels today. Ch.3 and other non-HK channels are fine though.

With IPTV 12.9, my box looks like it switches to using p2p and appears to connect to upto 120-200 peers using UDP when it has trouble streaming from servers when viewing channels 1 or 2. The host names of these 100+ IPs look like regular ISP assigned residential IP addresses from various continents.

I've raised a ticket with napper.

If you are witinessing problems, I suggest raising a ticket as napper may not be aware or convinced there are problems some times.
    Post edited by bamby8 on
  • SNHKSNHK Junior Member
    Channel switching takes long time now, if this doesn't get fixed then 2 subs that are coming up will not be renewed. Also, the app is tracking users, don't know for what reason, started after the 12.x update. Google flags it as malicious.
    Same here, there are issues with ch. 1 & 2 HK channels today. Ch.3 and other non-HK channels are fine though.

With IPTV 12.9, my box looks like it switches to using p2p and appears toconnect to upto 120-200 peers using UDP when it has trouble streaming from servers when viewing channels 1 or 2. The host names of these IPs look like regular ISP assigned residential IP addresses from various continents.

I've raised a ticket with napper.

Ch.3 and a few other non-HK channels are fine.

If you are witinessing problems, I suggest raising a ticket as napper may not be aware of the problems.
    edited April 2018
    ch.1 & ch.2 seem to be fine this early morning. No issues switching between these two channels

As far as I can tell, it looks like they have moved a few of the HK channels to new server IP addresses. Previously, all the HK channels were served by the same server.

Post edited by bamby8 on
  • SNHKSNHK Junior Member
    The service seems to have stabilized and channel switching is tolerable again. I still want to know what they are tracking with the app.
    ch.1 & ch.2 seem to be fine this early morning.

As far as I can tell, it looks like they have moved all the HK channels to their own individual server IP addresses. Previously, all the HK channels were served by the same server.

edited April 2018
    Looks like problems with ch.1 and ch.2 again this morning. Slow changing to these two channels and buffering.

Both channels served by same all new server IP address.
    Post edited by bamby8 on
  • SNHKSNHK Junior Member
    Yeah, CH1 seems to lag more, skips now. Old version had no issues.
    Looks like problems with ch.1 and ch.2 again this morning. Slow changing to these two channels and buffering.

Both channels served by same server IP address.
    edited April 2018
    Yesterday, ch.1 and ch.2 eventually fixed after reporting the problem several hours earlier.

Turned on box this morning and ch.1 and ch.2 seemed fine at first. ch.2 then started to buffer. At this point, I decided to try and revert back to v12.6. Unfortunately, it then prompts to upgrade to latest version.

By the time I reinstalled v12.9, ch.2 was behaving normally.

Update: Generally no further issues with ch.1 and ch.2 until the 6.30pm News programme on ch.2 started to broadcast, then buffering appeared for around 15 minutes on ch.1 and ch.2 which use same server IP address.

Update 2: Looks like ch.1 and ch.2 now have their own individual instead of a shared server IP addresses from this evening.
    Post edited by bamby8 on