BlueTV vs. A2(HTV5) vs. deke.tv?

Hello fellow forum members,

I'm looking to get a primary or secondary iptv box for my mother. Our moonbox's VOD has been not working and supposedly will be offering "fastfish" subscription app as a replacement. I'll probably subscribe but would like a "backup" so my mother will a iptv box to use if one company is having issues.

We live in NYC and I'm looking at BlueTV, A2, and deke.tv (kindly suggested by fellow forum member "pepper").

I'm considering BlueTv and A2 for:
-ease of use for elderly
-relatively stable

My mother understands Mandarin and Cantonese and watches dramas spoken in these languages.

Can people who have experience knowledge with these blueTV, A2, and deke.tv (or other boxes) advise me?

I'm looking for:
-> Which box has largest VOD ( Mandarin and Cantonese) collections? Is there a iptv box that usually get more new stuff than other iptv boxes?
Old stuff not as important as new.

->relatively elderly-friendly
->relatively stable

Sorry for the long post.

Any advice or suggestions greatly appreciated!

Comments

• tomato123tomato123 Show Producer
    I have the same situation. I ended up buy a BlueTV for my parent.
  • I have the same situation. I ended up buy a BlueTV for my parent.
    Tomato123,
    How do you feel about the amount of VOD content compared to moonbox?
  • tomato123tomato123 Show Producer
    moonbox has more older drama. if u need the same like moonbox,may be you should get ev pad. i think they are rebrand of moonbox.
    Tomato123,
  • moonbox has more older drama. if u need the same like moonbox,may be you should get ev pad. i think they are rebrand of moonbox.
    Tomato123,
    Actually wondering which box, in general, has the most new dramas added.

...I kinda expect evpad to have the same thing happen as moonbox and also switch to a subscription. Since I will probably pay for fastfish, I want to get a different box. If one has issues then we can use the other box.
  • Hello fellow forum members,

I'm looking to get a primary or secondary iptv box for my mother. Our moonbox's VOD has been not working and supposedly will be offering "fastfish" subscription app as a replacement. I'll probably subscribe but would like a "backup" so my mother will a iptv box to use if one company is having issues.

We live in NYC and I'm looking at BlueTV, A2, and deke.tv (kindly suggested by fellow forum member "pepper").

-ease of use for elderly
    -relatively stable

My mother understands Mandarin and Cantonese and watches dramas spoken in these languages.

Can people who have experience knowledge with these blueTV, A2, and deke.tv (or other boxes) advise me?

I'm looking for:
    -> Which box has largest VOD ( Mandarin and Cantonese) collections? Is there a iptv box that usually get more new stuff than other iptv boxes?

->relatively stable

Sorry for the long post.

I wouldn't touch the Blue TV, the TVpad experience is bad enough

-ease of use for elderly
    -relatively stable

I'm looking for:

->relatively stable

Sorry for the long post.

Blue TV and EV PAD: I wouldn't touch any of these 2 brands, unless youvwant to go through the TV Pad and Moonbox experience.

HTV5 or A2: I have had a htv2 for several years, it's been ok, the VOD content is very slim, Playback is so-so, what bothers me most was they all of sudden deleted 4 channels without any notice, I was in the middle of following a few drama series, LOL.

DEKE: If the rumour is true about them being a reincarnation of MAIGE, and from what I have seen from the free trial, the ease of use and quality certainly reminds me of MAIGE, I would say buy their exclusive box for your family, it has a large VOD library and the 7-day replay for all 300+ channels is a big plus. if you only want live stream and 20 or so channels of replay, then go with the apk.The only drawback is they don't offer free shipping.

Right now, I am still waiting to see what FastFish has to offer with their upcoming vod/playback, $30 per year is way cheaper than forking out another $200 for a new box, if or when FastFish gives you any problem, you can always purchase another iptv service, no need to purchase a new box every time.

• Blue TV and EV PAD: I wouldn't touch any of these 2 brands, unless youvwant to go through the TV Pad and Moonbox experience.

HTV5 or A2: I have had a htv2 for several years, it's been ok, the VOD content is very slim, Playback is so-so, what bothers me most was they all of sudden deleted 4 channels without any notice, I was in the middle of following a few drama series, LOL.

DEKE: If the rumour is true about them being a reincarnation of MAIGE, and from what I have seen from the free trial, the ease of use and quality certainly reminds me of MAIGE, I would say buy their exclusive box for your family, it has a large VOD library and the 7-day replay for all 300+ channels is a big plus. if you only want live stream and 20 or so channels of replay, then go with the apk.The only drawback is they don't offer free shipping.

Right now, I am still waiting to see what FastFish has to offer with their upcoming vod/playback, $30 per year is way cheaper than forking out another $200 for a new box, if or when FastFish gives you any problem, you can always purchase another iptv service, no need to purchase a new box every time.

Thank you for the info . Your advice makes sense. I'll hold off on another box until fastfish has issues.
  • TvpaderTvpader Junior Member
    Anyone know about this box FUNTV 亞芬電視盒 ? Any good? No one really talk about but seem like quite a few place is selling. Any in It? Thanks
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    Nothing wrong with tvpad or bluetv.

It's been working since the big mess with the legacy tvpads. Other than that the service has been smooth.

HTV actually have the most VOD content out of all of the boxes. Not sure why you say the VOD is slim.

-ease of use for elderly
    -relatively stable

I'm looking for:

->relatively stable

Sorry for the long post.

-ease of use for elderly
    -relatively stable

I'm looking for:

->relatively stable

Sorry for the long post.

Blue TV and EV PAD: I wouldn't touch any of these 2 brands, unless youvwant to go through the TV Pad and Moonbox experience.

• Nothing wrong with tvpad or bluetv.

It's been working since the big mess with the legacy tvpads. Other than that the service has been smooth.

HTV actually have the most VOD content out of all of the boxes. Not sure why you say the VOD is slim.

-ease of use for elderly
    -relatively stable

I'm looking for:

->relatively stable

Sorry for the long post.

-ease of use for elderly
    -relatively stable

I'm looking for:

->relatively stable

Sorry for the long post.

I have a htv2, the vod contnt is slim, may be it’s different on your newer htvv5?

As for Blue TV, it’s just my preference not wanting to give business to merchant that scammed their customers. Up till now, no apology, no explanation, no compensation, not even offering a discount for the fomer tv pad users.

I’M still very upset about htv deleting my favorite channels , I guess that’s just the nature of iptv services, there is no guarantee.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    The htv vod have all cantonese, mandarin, taiwanaese, japanese, korean, cantonese dubbed (drama, movie), even english movies. Unless you don't have the updated app, I'm not sure how you consider content is slim.

Tvpad did offer a 2 for 1 discount for the tvpad 4 a year and a half ago and they also did warn people on screen that the legacy tvpad were gonna shut down almost 6 months before it happened. I remember because my mom asked me about the warning on screen she saw about upgrading tvpad. I ended up getting a chinese tv sub (yearly) off Taobao but the funny thing is my legacy tvpad ended up lasting longer than the tv sub I bought.

The only people that should be mad at tvpad are the ones who bought tvpad 3's. Anything older the owner would've used their tvpad for more than 2 years.

And then the false advertising of "lifetime usage" is consistent among the companies except for HTV which they said the activation will last 5 years. Who knows what will happen in 5 years, nobody can guarantee it. But my HTV3 has been working til now.

-ease of use for elderly
    -relatively stable

I'm looking for:

->relatively stable

Sorry for the long post.

-ease of use for elderly
    -relatively stable

I'm looking for:

->relatively stable

Sorry for the long post.

I have a htv2, the vod contnt is slim, may be it’s different on your newer htvv5?

As for Blue TV, it’s just my preference not wanting to give business to merchant that scammed their customers. Up till now, no apology, no explanation, no compensation, not even offering a discount for the fomer tv pad users.

I’M still very upset about htv deleting my favorite channels , I guess that’s just the nature of iptv services, there is no guarantee.
  • The htv vod have all cantonese, mandarin, taiwanaese, japanese, korean, cantonese dubbed (drama, movie), even english movies. Unless you don't have the updated app, I'm not sure how you consider content is slim.

Tvpad did offer a 2 for 1 discount for the tvpad 4 a year and a half ago and they also did warn people on screen that the legacy tvpad were gonna shut down almost 6 months before it happened. I remember because my mom asked me about the warning on screen she saw about upgrading tvpad. I ended up getting a chinese tv sub (yearly) off Taobao but the funny thing is my legacy tvpad ended up lasting longer than the tv sub I bought.

The only people that should be mad at tvpad are the ones who bought tvpad 3's. Anything older the owner would've used their tvpad for more than 2 years.

And then the false advertising of "lifetime usage" is consistent among the companies except for HTV which they said the activation will last 5 years. Who knows what will happen in 5 years, nobody can guarantee it. But my HTV3 has been working til now.

-ease of use for elderly
    -relatively stable

I'm looking for:

->relatively stable

Sorry for the long post.

-ease of use for elderly
    -relatively stable

I'm looking for:

->relatively stable

Sorry for the long post.

htv, without any warning, deleted the following channels, 韩剧台,日剧台,为食台,粤语剧台,they happen to be the chwnnels I mostly watch, when they disappeared all of a sudden, that's why I say the choices are slim.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    Then you are talking about live tv and not VOD and at the same time I don't think any box have those channels you seeks.

So I stand corrected htv still have the largest amount of VOD content.
    The htv vod have all cantonese, mandarin, taiwanaese, japanese, korean, cantonese dubbed (drama, movie), even english movies. Unless you don't have the updated app, I'm not sure how you consider content is slim.

-ease of use for elderly
    -relatively stable

I'm looking for:

->relatively stable

Sorry for the long post.

-ease of use for elderly
    -relatively stable

I'm looking for:

->relatively stable

Sorry for the long post.

htv, without any warning, deleted the following channels, 韩剧台,日剧台,为食台,粤语剧台,they happen to be the chwnnels I mostly watch, when they disappeared all of a sudden, that's why I say the choices are slim.
  • Then you are talking about live tv and not VOD and at the same time I don't think any box have those channels you seeks.

-ease of use for elderly
    -relatively stable

I'm looking for:

->relatively stable

Sorry for the long post.

-ease of use for elderly
    -relatively stable

I'm looking for:

->relatively stable

Sorry for the long post.

Those deleted channels were from REPLAY. not live. Whether htv has the biggest VOD content or not, all I can say is different strokes for different folks, to me, htv's vod content is very slim comparing to DEKE TV.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    Sure if you like deke better than good for you.

But don't mislabel something that isn't VOD as VOD. I wouldn't consider the playback channels as VOD as they are not "on demand" once after 7 days.

Not sure why you are so hard sell on deke on multiple forums...
    Then you are talking about live tv and not VOD and at the same time I don't think any box have those channels you seeks.

-ease of use for elderly
    -relatively stable

I'm looking for:

->relatively stable

Sorry for the long post.

-ease of use for elderly
    -relatively stable

I'm looking for:

->relatively stable

Sorry for the long post.

Those deleted channels were from REPLAY. not live. Whether htv has the biggest VOD content or not, all I can say is different strokes for different folks, to me, htv's vod content is very slim comparing to DEKE TV.
  • Sure if you like deke better than good for you.

But don't mislabel something that isn't VOD as VOD. I wouldn't consider the playback channels as VOD as they are not "on demand" once after 7 days.

-ease of use for elderly
    -relatively stable

I'm looking for:

->relatively stable

Sorry for the long post.

-ease of use for elderly
    -relatively stable

I'm looking for:

->relatively stable

Sorry for the long post.

I am not selling anything, and I know the differeences between LIVE, PLAYBACK, and VOD, you are the one insisted that htv has the biggest VOD library when they do not, who's doing the hard sell? As for DEKE, I only purchased it a few days ago because my moonboxes were not working and htv deleted my favorite channel, nowvwith DEKE, I'm excited that it gives me back the channel which htv deleted, what's wrong with spreading my user's experience?
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    You are hard selling deke because it has the channels YOU want but it doesn't mean it is the fact.

Which other box or service have more VOD content than HTV at the moment? I'm talking strictly on VOD. I would like to hear it...

-ease of use for elderly
    -relatively stable

I'm looking for:

->relatively stable

Sorry for the long post.

-ease of use for elderly
    -relatively stable

I'm looking for:

->relatively stable

Sorry for the long post.

I am not selling anything, and I know the differeences between LIVE, PLAYBACK, and VOD, you are the one insisted that htv has the biggest VOD library when they do not, who's doing the hard sell? As for DEKE, I only purchased it a few days ago because my moonboxes were not working and htv deleted my favorite channel, nowvwith DEKE, I'm excited that it gives me back the channel which htv deleted, what's wrong with spreading my user's experience?
  • You are hard selling deke because it has the channels YOU want but it doesn't mean it is the fact.

Which other box or service have more VOD content than HTV at the moment? I'm talking strictly on VOD. I would like to hear it...

-ease of use for elderly
    -relatively stable

I'm looking for:

->relatively stable

Sorry for the long post.

-ease of use for elderly
    -relatively stable

I'm looking for:

->relatively stable

Sorry for the long post.

call me hardsell all you want, deke has a vod library at least twice the size of htv which also include the latest us/uk tv series and movies besides the typical chinese/korean/japanese. Besides the vod content, does htv offer playback for all 300+ channels? and all channels load in lightning speed.
  • i don't want to argue anymore, i am only here to share my experience since a lot of the moonbox users are looking for replacement, i have nothing to gain, afterall , there is no such thing as a perfect box, you are entitled to hold you opnion about htv while i have my favorite, and deke is not for everybody because of its high annual costs, and again, ni one can guarantee how long it will last.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    Let's get couple thing straight here.

You are allowed to post your experience but like I said you can't say something is a fact based on your experience. I'm not trying to argue with you, I''m pointing out the points you made aginst other tvboxes which deemed to be false and invalid.

1) You clearly mispresented VOD vs playback

2) You boosting 300+ channels but in reality, you said you only cared for the 4 (韩剧台,日剧台,为食台,粤语剧台) that HTV took out

3) $80 / year is certainly an enticing price for the amount of channels it provides. But for a few dollars more you can grab a Ubox which trumps the amount of live channels this service has.

4) At this point, nobody knows who is behind deke. You suspected it is the reincarnation of Maige tv. With so much uncertainty, I'm not sure why you are recommending this service so badly.
    call me hardsell all you want, deke has a vod library at least twice the size of htv which also include the latest us/uk tv series and movies besides the typical chinese/korean/japanese. Besides the vod content, does htv offer playback for all 300+ channels? and all channels load in lightning speed.

i don't want to argue anymore, i am only here to share my experience since a lot of the moonbox users are looking for replacement, i have nothing to gain, afterall , there is no such thing as a perfect box, you are entitled to hold you opnion about htv while i have my favorite, and deke is not for everybody because of its high annual costs, and again, ni one can guarantee how long it will last.
  • Hi pepper, does the 7 days replay on the Deke TV come with program guide? Looking at some youtube demo, it seems that user needs to use the left arrow key to "slide" back the time to the timeslot of the program that they want to watch, instead of having a convenient program guide for the past 7 days where you can pick the one you want to watch easily. Is that true?