TVPad pkg file compress & decompress

KMKKMK
edited January 2016 in 3rd Party Apps & Sources
For these who interest on TVPad pkg file internal.
Here is a Windows tool to compress & decompress the pkg file.

It was a Deiphi program and you need also install some dll & ocx.
Post edited by KMK on

Comments

• edited January 2016
    Thanks for helping out KMK.

Here are the ones I am using (credits to mikc).

PKG for firmware 3.26
    PKG for firmware 3.70 or later

The usage is easy. To extract simply a pkg, simply drag and drop it on the relevant .exe or from a command-line run gpkg*.exe .pkg . To package your app, create a directory which contains all your app files and simply run the executable gpkg*.exe at the same level as the directory (so not inside the directory). Then answer the prompts.

Note:
    - The pkg exec should be named onlinetv (if I recall that part of the code was not completed, so if you choose a different executable the app will fail to start).
    - For firmware 3.70 or later, an empty file called check.txt should be present together with your app files.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @KMK & @Phantoman Realistically, how hard is it to program for tvpad ?
  • Not hard at all. I am not a programmer and even I could do it :) Of course you need to have some idea what programming is all about. Qt has an active community, so you will be able to find nearly everything you need via Google. You can start by going to the Getting Started tutorial, for example http://doc.qt.io/qt-4.8/gettingstartedqt.html . TVPad uses Qt 4.5.3 which is quite old now, but the tutorial for Qt 4.8 should be helpful as well.

Also programming for TVPad2/3 is easier, because the widgets and layouts from the Qt Creator on Windows map 1 to 1 with the ones on the TVPad. For TVPad1 that was not the case and you have to resize the widgets on Windows to be displayed properly on the TVPad1.

The most tedious task is maybe setting up the environment on Linux for cross-compiling, but you only have to do that once.

As I mentioned somewhere else, the TMP app was the only graphical app that I made using Qt. I forgot that the Remote app was also made fully through Qt, but that was not graphical.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @Phantoman thanks for the info. Gonna check it out once I have more time after quitting my job B)

Do you happen to a VM template for the environment ? If not then maybe I could get that going for the community
  • @Phantoman thanks for the info. Gonna check it out once I have more time after quitting my job B)

Do you happen to a VM template for the environment ? If not then maybe I could get that going for the community
    It's a shame I didn't create a template once I have setup the environment. Now my VM has lots of personal stuff in it, so I cannot share that.

Would be nice for the community though if you or someone else can do it. That will lower the bar for people to start developing for the TVPad.

P.S.: wish I could quit my job as well, but I didn't win the lottery yet :)
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    Haha didn't win the lottery... Just needed a break :#
  • Not hard at all. I am not a programmer and even I could do it :) Of course you need to have some idea what programming is all about. Qt has an active community, so you will be able to find nearly everything you need via Google. You can start by going to the Getting Started tutorial, for example http://doc.qt.io/qt-4.8/gettingstartedqt.html . TVPad uses Qt 4.5.3 which is quite old now, but the tutorial for Qt 4.8 should be helpful as well.

Also programming for TVPad2/3 is easier, because the widgets and layouts from the Qt Creator on Windows map 1 to 1 with the ones on the TVPad. For TVPad1 that was not the case and you have to resize the widgets on Windows to be displayed properly on the TVPad1.

The most tedious task is maybe setting up the environment on Linux for cross-compiling, but you only have to do that once.

As I mentioned somewhere else, the TMP app was the only graphical app that I made using Qt. I forgot that the Remote app was also made fully through Qt, but that was not graphical.
    Hmmm... I will look into this. Maybe code so random things.
  • Cadillac58Cadillac58 Junior Member
    I was not able to download the files. I get a picture of a cloud with an M in the middle. otherwise, nothing.
  • Just checked it, all three links work fine.

You may google for simplyzipse.exe, External Progs->Zlib this work too.
    I am able to get them now, but it was not working on 11th.
    I Tried to use the file provided by Phantoman, but it died after I entered all the prompts. Probably because I did not know what to do with the dll file? Where/how do I use it? Thanks.
  • After I extract an existing pkg file, there are 3 files. Can you advise how can I access the files to check the resource information (video IP address)? Thanks.

• The IP address you can found is for their server (ForceTV) and was encrypted.