htv3 on vizio tv

KinyoKinyo Junior Member
hi, i have a new vizio tv.but when i connected it to my htv3 with hdmi cable, it said no signal,anyone know how to fix?

Comments

• KinyoKinyo Junior Member
    it works on my old tv. after i connected to a new tv it had no signal
  • it works on my old tv. after i connected to a new tv it had no signal
    Is your problem similar to this one as noted on YouTube?
    it works on my old tv. after i connected to a new tv it had no signal
    Is your problem similar to this one as noted on YouTube?
    hi, thx for reply! i did tried all the Hdmi ports on my new TV,but none of them work. any clues?
  • 535four535four Member
    edited January 2016
    try change the display setting on display use A/V cable, usually 1080p 60 Hz or for most new tv.
    Post edited by 535four on
    try change the display setting on display use A/V cable, usually 1080p 60 Hz or for most new tv.
    i changed an A/V cable,but still no signal.do i need to change anything on htv,or press any botton on htv remote control?
  • @Kinyo:
    Stumbled upon this thread:
    http://deals.woot.com/questions/details/1ff1659d-8f54-4672-adc2-80d44e6bbfdf/has-anyone-else-had-hdmi-ports-die-on-their-vizio-tv

user bowlenj suggested this:
    " have a Vizio 60 led. Had problems with the HDMI ports saying "No Signal" Here is the fix. Unplug the tv and disconnect all devices from the HDMI ports. Now hold down the power on button on the TV for 30 seconds. Make sure the power is off all the devices you are connecting to the TV. Connect the HDMI cables back into the HDMI ports on the TV. Plug the TV back into the wall Power Outlet. All ports should now work again."

Try same procedure and see if that helps.
  • @Kinyo

I have the same problem. I have a Vizio M65-C1 and it doesn't work. I try it on my older Toshiba Regza TV and it does. Trying to pipe the output through my AV Receiver doesn't work either. I'm upgrading the firmware to the Dec 3, 2015 version to see if it makes a difference but I'm not hopeful. I don't have any theories as to the cause yet, except that the M65-C1 is a 4K TV. Is your Vizio a 4K too?

Unfortunately, the HDMI reset steps suggested by bowlenj did not work for me.

Right now, I'm disappointed in the product.
  • @Kinyo

FWIW and YMMV: I updated the firmware to the latest for h.tv 3, which is dated Dec 3, 2015. I also had to ensure that the Internet connection was working, i.e. solid blue light after boot up sequence. Then the picture appeared on my Vizio.

I speculate that this is just some poor design on h.tv's part, but as long as it's working and my folks are happy that they have their Chinese TV, I'm not going to complain any more.
  • @Kinyo

Oh, although I don't know whether this had anything to do with it, I also turned off "auto resolution" and manually set it to 1080p 60HZ in the settings.
  • try 1080p 50hz
  • @535four just to be clear, it is on the 1080p 60HZ setting that I am now getting a picture. But since I also upgraded the firmware, I can't say for sure which factor it is that finally made it work.
  • Good to know it's working, don't bother what factor it was as long as it's working.
    @Kinyo

I have the same problem. I have a Vizio M65-C1 and it doesn't work. I try it on my older Toshiba Regza TV and it does. Trying to pipe the output through my AV Receiver doesn't work either. I'm upgrading the firmware to the Dec 3, 2015 version to see if it makes a difference but I'm not hopeful. I don't have any theories as to the cause yet, except that the M65-C1 is a 4K TV. Is your Vizio a 4K too?

Unfortunately, the HDMI reset steps suggested by bowlenj did not work for me.

Right now, I'm disappointed in the product.
    yeah mine is 4k tv too. i ordered a hdmi to composite video converter adapter,and i will get back to u after i test it.
  • @Kinyo

Yeah fortunately I had another old Toshiba TV in another room of the house that I could hook up to get the display working to make the changes I needed to make. Good luck.