What box to get??

This discussion was created from comments split from: FunTV Review Thread.

Comments

• Zhoumai123Zhoumai123 Junior Member
    I'm confused as to what box to get.. BlueTV, HTV5, A2, Unblock 3 or Fun TV? Please advise Which is better, more stable and last longer.
  • I'm confused as to what box to get.. BlueTV, HTV5, A2, Unblock 3 or Fun TV? Please advise Which is better, more stable and last longer.
    I am looking to buy a new box as well and I am looking at either HTV5 which is the same as A2 or the FunTV.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @pokpok @Zhoumai123 Are you guys looking for a primary box or secondary box?
  • After the disaster of TV pad 4, I was doubting to buy a subscription of TVChina app or FunTV based on the review from padman. So I've started the trial of 7 days to test and I also bought the Fun TV for comparing. In mine opinion I think that the app is more user friendly than Fun TV while the performance(streaming, content ) is almost the same.
    @pokpok @Zhoumai123 Are you guys looking for a primary box or secondary box?
    I'm looking for a primary box. Please advise which is better, more stable and last longer
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    Primary I would consider HTV as the best choice right now.
    I
    Does HTV have Cantonese Malaysian channels like Astro on Demand, Asto Wah Lai Toi, TVB Xing He, TVB Classic, TVB Classic movies, etc?

• edited August 2017
    I
    Does HTV have Cantonese Malaysian channels like Astro on Demand, Asto Wah Lai Toi, TVB Xing He, TVB Classic, TVB Classic movies, etc?

get the unblock tech ubox4. it has malay live channels.
  • 535four535four Member
    edited August 2017
    I

I highly recommended, the best box I've ever used so far, I'm not kidding. B)
    Now, this ubox 4 going to the international market by adding more countries live stream, and adding a new app for you to use it on other devices, you can watch it anywhere in the world on your phone, yes, they are going to the right direction to getting more sales instead screwing all supporting consumers forced you to purchase their new services, it's really sucks.
  • edited August 2017
    Amazon in the US is selling it for $148.99 (i think it beats ebay $148 because of return policy buying thru amazon)
    Anywhere else you guys would recommend getting the UBOX4?

Kind of impressed with the hardware h.265 decoder too.
  • You have to beware that some retailer is not an official seller even on Amazon, you have to check who is the verify seller by checking on their web site in-order to get the warranty.
    Most of the boxes today is H.265 decode, so it's not a big deal of it.
  • edited August 2017
    i bought the ubox4 from ebay with best offer for $135 usd. i just got it for 2 days. the vod from anywhere works. i logged in from 4 devices and all works at the same time. i didn't have time to check all yet. but i notice more channels on the live tv.
  • Can you please explain how you can watch the UBOX 4 contents on tablets/phones? Do they give you an app to install on the tablet? What authentication method do they use on the tablet (e.g. user account, MAC address...)? Also, what kind of content can you watch from the tablet (e.g. VOD, replay, live...)? Thanks!
  • edited August 2017
    Can you please explain how you can watch the UBOX 4 contents on tablets/phones? Do they give you an app to install on the tablet? What authentication method do they use on the tablet (e.g. user account, MAC address...)? Also, what kind of content can you watch from the tablet (e.g. VOD, replay, live...)? Thanks!
    when u open the uvod app, there is a barcode on the web vod section. u scan the barcode with your phone and register an account. after registration, u can log in from the laptop or tapblet on ub1818.com website and watch only vod (no live tv). live tv only can watch from the box.
  • Thanks @tylerlee for the info. So basically UBOX 4 is only needed to create an user account that can be used on the UB1818.com website to watch VOD, right? I wish they also have replay content as well.

On the other hand, if I already own the UBOX Gen 2, what kind of improvement should I expect from Gen 4? Is it worth the upgrade?
  • Thanks @tylerlee for the info. So basically UBOX 4 is only needed to create an user account that can be used on the UB1818.com website to watch VOD, right? I wish they also have replay content as well.

On the other hand, if I already own the UBOX Gen 2, what kind of improvement should I expect from Gen 4? Is it worth the upgrade?
    ubox4 is faster, more live channels, watch online and has bluetooth. not much different from ubox s900 probt except more live channels and the watch anywhere online.
  • I

I highly recommended, the best box I've ever used so far, I'm not kidding. B)
    Now, this ubox 4 going to the international market by adding more countries live stream, and adding a new app for you to use it on other devices, you can watch it anywhere in the world on your phone, yes, they are going to the right direction to getting more sales instead screwing all supporting consumers forced you to purchase their new services, it's really sucks.
    Yeah I gotta say I'm surprised Unblocktech doing their business correctly instead of forcing customers to buy new units. They continue to improve and expand their service.
  • any chance for review on ubox gen4?
  • any chance for review on ubox gen4?
    Thanked by 1buddn

• Most of the boxes today is H.265 decode, so it's not a big deal of it.
    Although many boxes decodes H.265 but a lot of them are software decoder but not hardware I think, right?