TVPad4 not powering up

2»

Comments

• Have you try another TV or another HDMI cable? Did you press and feel something click? you to hold down until you see a tvpad logo, but I suggest you try another TV first.
    I actually tried all those already. Tried different TV, and two other cables.

In terms of the reset, I did feel the click from the reset button as well, but there is still no signal going into the TV for me to even see the logo.
  • Be sure to hold on the clip it may slipped off and how long did you waited while plug in the power?
  • Be sure to hold on the clip it may slipped off and how long did you waited while plug in the power?
    I have tried both 30 secs and over a min.
  • VeronicaVeronica Junior Member
    Here's a funny one - my uncle decided to take the box to a store that sells these things to see if they could fix it. The guy plugged the box in and did something, after a couple minutes, he said to my uncle that the box is dead and that it cannot be fixed. So my uncle took the box to another store and this time he was told that it's a hardware issue and it would cost around $50 to get it fixed but no guarantees! LOL! So I told my uncle that I can attempt to fix it with the information provided on this forum but no guarantees and free of charge!

These stores are probably getting the solutions from this forum and then turns around to charge customers $50 to reset the box. I'd rather use that money on a new box.

@535four and @cheuk5 - THANK YOU for the information, I will definitely attempt to fix it but will not be able to get to it until this weekend.

@Goldmanlu - my box is in its original configuration, I've never installed any third party apps on the box since purchased (I did try installing a 3rd party app via usb when I first got it but did not work for me) When HDKAN came out with a free trial, it did cross my mind to try installing on my pad4 but I didn't because I did not want to mess with this box. All I needed was Yue to function properly, other apps I'd care less. Thanks for your input.

@auboy - sorry to hear that you are having issues too! Since our boxes are already at a stage where it's not usable, it doesn't hurt to open it up and attempt to fix it using the methods provided here. Best of luck!
  • @auboy I think there is a socket in back of tvpad for analog outputs try that with a mini plug to rca plugs cable
  • MmmaruMmmaru Junior Member
    I've also heard resellers charging people to fix their tvpads. Though I think the price was about $30. $50 is kind of steep.
  • Well, people have to make a living, don't expect they'll do it for free, just like sites have their sponsors and have to support them in order to keep it running.
  • @auboy I think there is a socket in back of tvpad for analog outputs try that with a mini plug to rca plugs cable
    Unfortunately, I tried that cable as well, but it is the same result.
    It's better do it with 2 people if you're not a handy or tech person or open the box for sure.
    It's better do it with 2 people if you're not a handy or tech person or open the box for sure.
    I just tried the open box solution today but still no signal to the tv regardless of what I do. It seems dead. I wonder if there are any local stores that knows how to fix this.
  • For that, I don't know.
  • You probably damaged the rom. The only way you can fix is bring back to the factory, otherwise, you need to buy a new one. You can't fix it since the rom is damaged and you can't flash the machine anyway.
  • @UKTVPAD said:
    Try Reset the Tvpad4

Connect power to tvpad, repeat press the menu button for appox 30 sec to see the Andriod Robot screen, choose reset