WelTV 3 specifications?

2»

Comments

• edited January 2017
    Is anyone now still using the WELTV3?

I just need one to be more stable and with NBA, Discovery Channels, National Geographic, TVB, ViuTV, CNN Channels. I wonder if the WELTV3 contents are still the same with WELTV TK8202.

Can someone share experience how often the downtime WELTV3 happen and what major issues WELTV3 with?
    Sorry for the super late reply and belated Merry Christmas! And early Happy New Year to you and everyone!!

My dad uses the Weltv3 the most. There seems to be a fair amount of downtime for TVB - HelloLive. But I think it's more to do with the TVB server? Because other channels works fine, like the China channels. Unfortunately we don't use the other channels you mentioned, so I can't really comment on it, sorry.

The contents for the Weltv3 are quite similar to the TK8202. There are some new apps on Weltv3 that wasn't on the TK. We had an karaoke app on the TK that was impossible to load for most songs. But on the Weltv3 it was working 90% of the time, which was great.

The Weltv3 has been having issues here and there. It always like to revert the time back to 1970 or something? This messes the apps up and we have to change the time back.
    Recently my dad said the Weltv3 was having turning on and off issues. Just today it just ko-ed on us. It's completely stuck on the Weltv loading screen. I've tried turning on and off a few times and it doesn't work =.=" I also tried pressing 0 and other buttons on the the remote but nothing worked T_T
    So I gave up and I messaged their facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/WELTV-1476456612568519/) hoping they will get back to me soon. Luckily our TK8202 is still working, so we're using that temporarily.
    WELTV3刷机教程

http://bbs.iptvbar.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=10&extra=page=1
    Thank you. I followed through the steps. And unfortunately my computer couldn't detect the WelTV3 when I connected it. Not sure why. So I can't fix it :'(
  • 如果發現電腦和機頂盒無法連接,那麼請打開“FactoryTool_v1.33”這個文件夾,在裡面找到“FactoryTool.exe或FactoryTool(有的電腦沒有打開顯示文件後綴名是看不到“.exe”的),並雙擊安裝這個文件。安裝好後再重新按住上面的說明重新操作即可。
    Thanked by 1SnowTiramisu
  • edited January 2017
    如果發現電腦和機頂盒無法連接,那麼請打開“FactoryTool_v1.33”這個文件夾,在裡面找到“FactoryTool.exe或FactoryTool(有的電腦沒有打開顯示文件後綴名是看不到“.exe”的),並雙擊安裝這個文件。安裝好後再重新按住上面的說明重新操作即可。
    I honestly don't understand what it means to install the FactoryTool.exe. When I double click on it the software just opens. I can't really read Chinese so I have to Google translate. I downloaded the zip file and unzipped it on my computer. To my understanding that is already somewhat installed since it's on my computer. I have even went to the extent of putting the file in C drive, program files. But "loader" never appears on my FactoryTool.

I have tried these steps on two different computers on 3 different USB ports each. Both computer detects the WelTV3 but quickly disconnects soon after. I made sure that the button was kept held down when I plug the USB into the WelTV3. I am assuming the box itself has problems and can't be fixed.
    I've messaged Frank on facebook and chatted to Hellen from WelTV.org.
    I just hope WelTV can do something for warranty, since I had it for 4 months. I have a feeling that they don't even want to bother... :'(
  • @SnowTiramisu , does Frank reply your question? Helen is the sales lady, does she offered you for return for repair?
    For your issue, have you try to use another power adopter you have 2 right? sometimes when not loading it's the power supply failure.
    Thanked by 1SnowTiramisu
  • @SnowTiramisu , does Frank reply your question? Helen is the sales lady, does she offered you for return for repair?
    For your issue, have you try to use another power adopter you have 2 right? sometimes when not loading it's the power supply failure.
    Frank kept telling me to install the FactoryTool.exe even though I showed him screenshots of what I see. He asked me which windows I was using and if it was x64 or x32. I let him know I used Win 7 and x86. And that I even copied the software on the C drive > program files. And the WelTV3 still couldn't be connected. After that I haven't heard from him since.

Helen told me there was no other way to update the firmware. I told her that I should have 1 yr warranty. She said I could send it back for repair. Sending postage at my cost. And it will take 1 week to repair. I'm just more worried that after they repaired and send it back to me, it will only work a while before it breaks again. Which I probably have to go through the same procedure.

Sorry I'm a bit confused. I wasn't aware I needed to plug in the power adapter to the WelTV3 to update the firmware with the 2 male USB cable.
    As for the 2 male USB cable having the correct power supply, I have no clue. I didn't think that was the problem since my Win7 computer made a connection sound when I plugged the male USB cable to the WelTV3. It was trying to connect it for like 30 seconds and then it gave me the disconnection sound. I also tried it on a Win8 laptop, it made the connection sound, showed a trying to download software/driver window. It was there for like 1 min or 2, and then it just stopped. But if you still think it's the power, I'm happy to try again.
  • @SnowTiramisu,Sorry for the confusion, my suggestion was use another power adopter for boot up not for reload the firmware, sometimes if the power supply have not enough power to boot up and the box will hang, it happened to my Unblock 3, it hang on the logo and stop loading, I thought it was broken until I used my Unblock2 power supply and worked. Since you have Weltv 1 why don't you try that power adopter on Weltv3 see if it work?
    If still not work, send it back for repair, that's the only way, don't know why you're worry about it's will only work for awhile, if you don't send it back there'll be your totally lost.
    Thanked by 1SnowTiramisu
  • The WELTV and the Turbo TV Taiwanese Version VOD app are exactly ulthe same app, but their app is not interchangable.

Do you think they are the same?
  • Could be but different server.
  • edited January 2017
    @SnowTiramisu,Sorry for the confusion, my suggestion was use another power adopter for boot up not for reload the firmware, sometimes if the power supply have not enough power to boot up and the box will hang, it happened to my Unblock 3, it hang on the logo and stop loading, I thought it was broken until I used my Unblock2 power supply and worked. Since you have Weltv 1 why don't you try that power adopter on Weltv3 see if it work?
    If still not work, send it back for repair, that's the only way, don't know why you're worry about it's will only work for awhile, if you don't send it back there'll be your totally lost.
    Thank you for your help. That was a good idea. I only have the Weltv TK8202 and Weltv3. I was able to find a suitable power supply that fitted the Weltv3, but it was still stuck on the loading screen.

Yeah I will send it for repair. Shipping costs so much, $20-$50 :'( I guess it's better to fork that out then paying a couple of hundreds for a new one.

I'm currently using the TK8202 as backup, but even that failed on me. I did a factory reset, only to realise I can't access the app market. Tried to update it but it didn't work. Tried to find files online to update it, the link was either invalid or has expired. Messaged Weltv on facebook, but they are going to take a while for their reply. This is depressing.
  • 535four535four Member
    edited January 2017
    @SnowTiramisu,Sorry for the confusion, my suggestion was use another power adopter for boot up not for reload the firmware, sometimes if the power supply have not enough power to boot up and the box will hang, it happened to my Unblock 3, it hang on the logo and stop loading, I thought it was broken until I used my Unblock2 power supply and worked. Since you have Weltv 1 why don't you try that power adopter on Weltv3 see if it work?
    Thank you for your help. That was a good idea. I only have the Weltv TK8202 and Weltv3. I was able to find a suitable power supply that fitted the Weltv3, but it was still stuck on the loading screen.

Yeah I will send it for repair. Shipping costs so much, $20-$50 :'( I guess it's better to fork that out then paying a couple of hundreds for a new one.

I'm currently using the TK8202 as backup, but even that failed on me. I did a factory reset, only to realise I can't access the app market. Tried to update it but it didn't work. Tried to find files online to update it, the link was either invalid or has expired. Messaged Weltv on facebook, but they are going to take a while for their reply. This is depressing.
    You shouldn't use the other power supply, you should use the one on TK8202 and use the weltv 3 on TK8202 see if it works.

Here's the weltv apps package

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!AJg5i8EJIqpM8To&cid=94E78270979D66F8&id=94E78270979D66F8!549&parId=root&action=locate
    Thanked by 1SnowTiramisu
  • edited January 2017

You shouldn't use the other power supply, you should use the one on TK8202 and use the weltv 3 on TK8202 see if it works.

Here's the weltv apps package

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!AJg5i8EJIqpM8To&cid=94E78270979D66F8&id=94E78270979D66F8!549&parId=root&action=locate
    Thank you for the quick reply and the link. The Weltv TK 8202 is working now! Thank you for your help =)

Unfortunately the TK8202 power supply doesn't fit in the Weltv 3. They used a much smaller power plug for the Weltv3 and TK power supply, the circle is just too big. I had no choice but to use the TVpad's power supply one, but it was still stuck on the loading screen.
  • Glad to hear you Weltv 1 is back on the track. :)

TVpad's power supply should work, but if it's still stuck on the logo and you don't know how to fix it, the best way is to send it back for repair or replace, wish I can help. =)
  • Looks like WELTV is done, no more update on their major VOD App.
  • They've promised will be up on April but nothing happen, who knows........
  • WELTV is totally down, and I am worrying if the HTV will be the same.
  • MmmaruMmmaru Junior Member
    WELTV is totally down, and I am worrying if the HTV will be the same.
    It is what it is. There's nothing you can do so worrying won't help you. There are other alternatives. Probably look into those?
  • 535four535four Member
    Yup...I think it's dead. I have had contacted those people none of them reply.
  • ZipoZipo Junior Member
    If you take the cost of the box divided how many days it lasted, it will make you feel better, would you pay 50 cents a day to watch Hong Kong programs? I remember I rented the VHS tapes to watch TVB dramas and it costs a lot more to rent and the trouble to return, of course I think the older dramas were better written than nowadays, feel better yet? I will pay them if the TVB anywhere available in the US with reasonable price, only legal way here is dish and over $45 a month, and they still don't understand why people buying these illegal box.
  • 535four535four Member
    hehe..I'm not complaining, I have had own it for 3+ years, the first box I'd own was iPlayer 5, now it's weltv, I was always happy with them, it was too bad to loose them. Now let's see who's next.