[Tutorial] How to clear space on Ubox

padmanpadman Moderator
edited June 2016 in UnblockTech UBox / UPad
I recently ran into the out of space issue on my UBox, resulting apps failing and couldn't update.

I discovered the system was generating these system logs and boot logs what was taking up a lot of the space.

I ended up using the ES Explorer and navigated to the root of the home directory. Once there you would see logs files at the bottom. Remove them and you should be good to go.

Tagged:

Comments

• I recently ran into the out of space issue on my UBox, resulting apps failing and couldn't update.

I discovered the system was generating these system logs and boot logs what was taking up a lot of the space.

I ended up using the ES Explorer and navigated to the root of the home directory. Once there you would see logs files at the bottom. Remove them and you should be good to go.

I have found the log files but how do you actually remove them, I couldn't find delete?
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @sky0000547 IIRC you need to hold the OK button then a popup window with option will show,

• @sky0000547 IIRC you need to hold the OK button then a popup window with option will show,
    Thanks I will try again tonight but iirc from yesterday by pressing OK, it wanted to open the log file and a popup window asking which program I wanted to open it with. I did not see any delete option.

• When you press OK button you have to keep hold on to it.
    Yes that worked. Took awhile selecting and deleting 600+ log files.
    Yes that worked. Took awhile selecting and deleting 600+ log files.
    LOL..There's a button to selected all....
  • LOL..There's a button to selected all....
    Now you tell me :). I must have spent 30mins deleting them selecting each one.
  • 535four535four Member
    edited July 2016
    LOL..There's a button to selected all....
    Now you tell me :). I must have spent 30mins deleting them selecting each one.
    At least you'll know what to do when it times come ;)
  • You can clear the system and boot log files from under the android settings without the need to open ES Explorer. Just go to Settings --> Storage --> Misc --> and choose the log file you want to delete or choose 'delete all' (or something similar). It worked for me when I discovered those log files were hogging the internal storage which resulted into the out of space issue.
  • Yes, it is the better way.