my UBOX keeps resetting/rebooting

Hi, my UBOX will load the main menu and after a few seconds the screen will turn all blue and reset to the main menu and keeps repeating this sequence of events. Anyone has any idea how I can fix this? It was fine a few hours before.

Thanks.

Comments

• bamby8bamby8 Junior Member
    edited May 2016
    It's a known issue which appears when certain UB server is temporarily down, especially if your ubox is perhaps using an old version of UB winlauncher.

From main winlauncher menu, press Down button and select the Settings (cogwheel) icon. Along bottom of the next page which appears, it should reveal the version number. Is it 3.1.0 Overseas?

UB winlauncher 3.2.6 or later should fix it Current version is 4.0.8.

Post edited by bamby8 on
  • It's a known issue which appears when certain UB server is temporarily down, especially if your ubox is perhaps using an old version of UB winlauncher.

From main winlauncher menu, press Down button and select the Settings (cogwheel) icon. Along bottom of the next page which appears, it should reveal the version number. Is it 3.1.0 Overseas?

UB winlauncher 3.2.6 or later should fix it Current version is 4.0.8.

I was able to solve it by upgrading to 4.0.3. Yes it was 3.1.0 I had reverted it last week when I got 4.06 thinking that it was because of the update but the server was actually down that time. So 3.1.0 only acts up when certain UB server is down? And is there any reason for me to upgrade to 4.0.8 from 4.0.3?

Thanks.
  • bamby8bamby8 Junior Member
    As far as I am aware, 3.1.0 definitely suffers from flashing launcher issue.

I've not tried 4.0.3, but in 4.0.8, it does not have UVOD app icon in 'Popular' apps sub-menu, and the labels beneath the 10 app icons are in english/incorrect unlike 4.0.6.