US court papers for htv

Comments

• Yes, I know a couple of families with tvbanywhere after they got burned with TVPad. They're happy enough with the service.
    Yeah but that's with Tvpad 1 to 3.

With the joint venture on Tvpad 4 promoting for TVBAnywhere. I believe TVpad has more life still.

TVB Anywhere is too expensive and not worth the cost.
    So you're saying that tvpad 4 is a better buy than tvb anywhere?

How much is tvpad 4? And where can I get one?

Thanks.
  • MmmaruMmmaru Junior Member
    Yes, I know a couple of families with tvbanywhere after they got burned with TVPad. They're happy enough with the service.
    Yeah but that's with Tvpad 1 to 3.

With the joint venture on Tvpad 4 promoting for TVBAnywhere. I believe TVpad has more life still.

TVB Anywhere is too expensive and not worth the cost.
    So you're saying that tvpad 4 is a better buy than tvb anywhere?

How much is tvpad 4? And where can I get one?

Thanks.
    Mtvpad.cn I believe. For some time they were blocking certain regions now it looks like it opened up.
  • SomebodySomebody Junior Member
    £248 for 2 years too expensive? I think that includes the box as well.

• I just bought a new H.TV3 and just found out about this lawsuit.

Should I return this and get a TVPad4 then? Is TVPad4 going to end up with a lawsuit too?

Sorry I am pretty new at this. What happen to users with TVPad1-3 and how come TVPad4 is okay and not being sued?

Should I return this and get a TVPad4 then? Is TVPad4 going to end up with a lawsuit too?

Sorry I am pretty new at this. What happen to users with TVPad1-3 and how come TVPad4 is okay and not being sued?

How is the HTV? Does it work? How's the buffering for the live channels?

No one knows what will happen to TVPAD 4. Some have said they are in partnership with TVB, so they won't be sued anymore, or that TVPAD 4 uses the Android OS so should be safe.

TVPAD 1-3 used a custom OS, so was sued.

I don't know how good TVPAD 4 is so I cannot comment on that. If you find HTV is having problems, then return it if you can.

I have found out that TVPAD 4 is available on eBay around £150.

I am still deciding on which one to buy.
  • £248 for 2 years too expensive? I think that includes the box as well.

Depends on how you look at it.

You get 3 decent channels, 2 ok channels, and the rest are filler channels that anyone who doesn't understand Mandarin will hardly watch.

Compare this with their MyTV Super service in HK. Guess who's getting shafted? They only pay HK $106 per month for the premium pack.

TVB need to understand that people join their service to watch TVB's stuff, not CCTV channels. If I want to watch mainland China stuff, I can watch it for free using something that rhymes with Cody.
    I just bought a new H.TV3 and just found out about this lawsuit.

Users of tvpad 1-3 were pretty much all left for dead. Not even a exchange program for the 4 in the end when they decided to drop all support.

If you can return your HTV, I suggest to do it. Before the lawsuit, very helpful support. Now they are completely distancing themselves from the apps they are being sued for but without these apps, no one would have bought their device.

I actually emailed them to ask what happened to all the apps in the Htv market, they played stupid and told me to reach out to the seller for help. the apps were purposely removed from the markets for everyone in North America. Same shit that tvpad pulled.

So it already looks like they are on a downward spiral.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    The HTV rep I talk to replied to me today.

If you can return your HTV, I suggest to do it. Before the lawsuit, very helpful support. Now they are completely distancing themselves from the apps they are being sued for but without these apps, no one would have bought their device.

I actually emailed them to ask what happened to all the apps in the Htv market, they played stupid and told me to reach out to the seller for help. the apps were purposely removed from the markets for everyone in North America. Same shit that tvpad pulled.

No one knows what will happen to TVPAD 4. Some have said they are in partnership with TVB, so they won't be sued anymore, or that TVPAD 4 uses the Android OS so should be safe.

I don't know how good TVPAD 4 is so I cannot comment on that. If you find HTV is having problems, then return it if you can.

Seems to be working fine at the moment. Occasional buffering but not too bad.. Live streaming and VOD are all working. Mmmaru was saying something about the htv app. My unit came preloaded with everything (see below link) and I don't have to go and add any more apps. Unless he is talking about other stuff.

http://mak.wak2p.com/webMain.jsp

• The HTV rep I talk to replied to me today.

@padman, what did the rep say?
    I just bought a new H.TV3 and just found out about this lawsuit.

Seems to be working fine at the moment. Occasional buffering but not too bad.. Live streaming and VOD are all working. Mmmaru was saying something about the htv app. My unit came preloaded with everything (see below link) and I don't have to go and add any more apps. Unless he is talking about other stuff.

http://mak.wak2p.com/webMain.jsp

As long as you don't delete them and if they update fine. They've been updating the apps almost every 2 weeks.

If you experience anything wrong with the apps, they will tell you it's a 3rd party app and go to their fan forum (the Chinese one, no one answers in the English one) or contact app developer. But no real help in the Chinese one either or the fake email address on the splash screen of each app that you see.

Just saying, yes it works but for how long, that's questionable.
  • Seems to me there isn't a decent box to get anymore.

TVB is gradually winning the battle.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    He/she just answered the question I had I sent couple of days ago.

@padman, what did the rep say?

IPTV apks are the way to go. Else VPN either chromecast or Airplay to TV. It's not like they can stop all.
    Now this is interesting. Htv changed their site from htvbox.com to USA.htvbox.com - I would thought they would go into hiding by now. Haha.

IPTV apks are the way to go. Else VPN either chromecast or Airplay to TV. It's not like they can stop all.
    Any particular IPTV apk you can recommend?
  • VeronicaVeronica Junior Member
    I'm confused, isn't htv now A1? I was considering a new box after my Pad4 decided to self destruct and I was told by a store that sells these things that A1 is the new name for htv because htv is being sued so now they are operating under the brand name A1. Similar to Pad4 is now BlueTV. Anyway, I personally would not recommend spending anymore money on these pirate boxes as they are programmed to self destruct after a year or so of usage and if you're lucky maybe 2 years. My advice, stick with TVB Anywhere.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @Veronica Why would you stick with tvb anywhere ?

The tvb anywhere box is $155USD then a monthly subscription for $10USB. Assuming you could use an existing box or buy a cheap android box for it. It would at least $30USD + $120USD per year.

Everything ends up being the same when said and done, except for if you use TVB anywhere you are going to be restricted.

My parents have Tvpad4's running every day for almost a year now and don't seem to have any problem so far. When TVpad 1's were running, my parents also ran it for 3-4 years with it.

If you box dies suddenly, your household probably had a brownout or dirty power. Get a UPS !

• VeronicaVeronica Junior Member
    @Padman - my pad4 was plugged directly into a power conditioner (Panamax). Panamax specializes in power conditioning even better than Monster. I took very good care of my pad4 knowing that it's probably flimsy. Anyway, I'm still looking at my options. I was told that tvb anywhere works on Apple TV so I'm also considering that as well. I just want something more reliable....sling TV is also another option that I'm looking into so will see.

The TVPad4 was my biggest investment on a "pirated" product and is also my biggest disappointment as it really only lasted a year.

Btw: I took the box apart and am checking out every single piece of hardware...quite interesting!