iPlayer i5 is ending its life

Comments

• @fei, you may PM to danielyow, I believe he is a dealer for iPlayer and MoonBox, he might be able to help you.
    Okay, thanks.
    Thanked by 1pelikum
  • Anybody getting a message on hdtv saying that they are delaying the cut off until May?

Probably not many people are buying the new machines.
  • 535four535four Member
    yep, its delaying for another month, I'm not so sure what they meat they only mention the reply app and vod app in Chinese, not sure about the live stream hdtv app.
  • yep, its delaying for another month, I'm not so sure what they meat they only mention the reply app and vod app in Chinese, not sure about the live stream hdtv app.
    The replay and vod apps haven't worked for several months. Not for me anyway.

The live app works sporadically.
  • 535four535four Member
    I think they lost our trusted, that's why not many of us for exchange or buying their product.
  • bamby8bamby8 Junior Member
    edited May 2016
    No one has mentioned it, but am I right in saying the $99 upgrade fee includes 1 year viewing subscription only ?
  • 535four535four Member
    This box has no subscription fee, it's free up to 80 channels live steaming channels.
  • No one has mentioned it, but am I right in saying the $99 upgrade fee includes 1 year viewing subscription only ?
    You get loads of Mainland Chinese channels and Taiwanese channels for free. Great for those who speak Mandarin. Not so great for the rest of us.

There are about five or six movie channels, some English and Mandarin. No Cantonese movie channel.

Nat Geo and Discovery. Some sports channels.

And most importantly there are the TVB channels. Jade HD, J2, J5, Pearl and news.

No more ATV channels now. Instead we get Viu TV and Now TV. Both pretty crap. No HKTV or iCable.

At time of writing, the live app has stopped working. It was working last night, so probably a problem with their servers.
  • 535four535four Member
    No one has mentioned it, but am I right in saying the $99 upgrade fee includes 1 year viewing subscription only ?
    You get loads of Mainland Chinese channels and Taiwanese channels for free. Great for those who speak Mandarin. Not so great for the rest of us.

There are about five or six movie channels, some English and Mandarin. No Cantonese movie channel.

And most importantly there are the TVB channels. Jade HD, J2, J5, Pearl and news.

No more ATV channels now. Instead we get Viu TV and Now TV. Both pretty crap. No HKTV or iCable.

At time of writing, the live app has stopped working. It was working last night, so probably a problem with their servers.
    Did you got the new box? Wonder if anyone have it.
  • No one has mentioned it, but am I right in saying the $99 upgrade fee includes 1 year viewing subscription only ?

Did you got the new box? Wonder if anyone have it.
    No, I haven't bought one yet. The live app still works (every now and then), so until it finally stops working, I'll keep using it.
  • 535four535four Member
    That's what I was thinking, but after end of offer, it may not work as exchange deal. I was hoping it's only affect other apps, HDlive may not be affected. :)
  • I don't even know how to contact them if I wanted to buy one. They've removed their phone number. It's like they are being really careful and secretive.
  • 535four535four Member
    edited May 2016
    Yes, it's for sure..you can contact them by useing Wechat or QQ
    app and add the number that provided either text or phone call for free. But you'll have to registered.

• Well, I contacted a rep through Wechat for the sale of the i7. He/she told me to pay $99 to their PayPal account, and to add a photo of my iplayer username and password. Also to include my home address for delivery.

I asked them a few questions regarding the new box and their service, but they couldn't or wouldn't answer.

Which gives me zero confidence.

Anyone else bought the new box from them recently?
  • Well, I contacted a rep through Wechat for the sale of the i7. He/she told me to pay $99 to their PayPal account, and to add a photo of my iplayer username and password. Also to include my home address for delivery.

I asked them a few questions regarding the new box and their service, but they couldn't or wouldn't answer.

what questions did u ask them that caught the sellers offguard???

my hdtv app shows 0 buffering. is it gone already???
  • 535four535four Member
    Yep, seems like forcing us to upgrade.

Nothing out of the ordinary.
    I asked them why the hdtv, replay and vod apps weren't working. And what assurances that the i7 will work etc.

They didn't reply after that.

My hdtv app has stopped working now as well. I'm using Azdrama to watch tvb stuff for the meantime.

Nothing out of the ordinary.
    I asked them why the hdtv, replay and vod apps weren't working. And what assurances that the i7 will work etc.

They didn't reply after that.

My hdtv app has stopped working now as well. I'm using Azdrama to watch tvb stuff for the meantime.

thanks for the reply,

i contacted them and they say I5 model is phasing out
    It can't support h265 video decode format.
    In short, hardware limitations.

but i have a feeling that we shouldnt trust them. since they do not give any assurances, provided that it will end up like tvpad 1 -3. the i7 has not been proven to be up to notch competitor like the other boxes.

• 535four535four Member
    HDTV app comes alive again.
  • HDTV app comes alive again.
    Yes it has started working again. I wonder for how long?