Why should I still buy TVPAD ?

My parents use TVPAD3 mainly to watch TVB content and TVPAD3 is dead. I think TVPAD company officially certified TVPAD 1,2, 3 starting Jan 2016. I think one reason is to move user to newer hardware resulting in more revenue for the company. The other reason is the Lawsuit which force them to close down servers mostly in North America. I need to find a solution for my parents. I heard that TVPAD 4 is working and my parents are familiar with TVPAD. But if the reason for TVPAD3 not working is the Lawsuit, why should I taking the risk of buying a TVPAD4 which is streaming the same content as TVPAD3.
If TVPAD is not a good choice anymore, what is a good alternative ?

Comments

• I think they stopped TVPad 1-3 is due to the linux operating system of how the contents are provided whereas TVPad 4 is Android based so they have a loophole to get out of lawsuits.
  • Get a Weltv with supporting site, you got a question to ask they response right away.
    http://bbs.weltv.hk/forum.php
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    What language do you watch ?

If chinese then htv would be a better option than tvpad.

There's also moonbox but i haven't hard good things on it.
  • I had a TVPad 1 & 3 and both now rendered useless. I have since purchased an Unblock Tech Ubox at half the price of a TVPad as I was reluctant to spend that amount of cash on a TVPad again risking it not working again in the very near future.

Only based on the old TVPads and comparing to the Ubox now I have, the TVPad was much more user friendly and their built-in apps are much better and more reliable. However the Ubox on android is much more flexible on downloading 3rd party apps but TVPad 4 is on android too now.

Each machine has its own pluses and minuses and it is a gamble whether these machines will remain working the next day.
  • pappypappy Member
    Agreed on the TvPad4 GUI. Straightforward, easy to use.
  • @tvp3_user , if your parents are mainly interested in TVB stuffs and are not too comfortable with computers or android, stick with TVPad, they will enjoy more and you will get less headaches.
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    @tvp3_user , if your parents are mainly interested in TVB stuffs and are not too comfortable with computers or android, stick with TVPad, they will enjoy more and you will get less headaches.
    Yes the Tvpad's interface use more easy for old people.... :3

• Is not worth to buy TVPad anymore. 1-3 doesnt work now only 4 can use. But always have technical problem, not streaming smoothly. I stopped using it after the lawsuit from tvbusa.