UBTV Sports

Hi,

I'm interested in purchasing a UBTV box for football mainly (Premier League, Champions League, La Liga, etc) in either English or Cantonese audio and TVB live channels and dramas, should I purchase the UBTV box or something else?

Thanks

Comments

• Hi,

I'm interested in purchasing a UBTV box for football mainly (Premier League, Champions League, La Liga, etc) in either English or Cantonese audio and TVB live channels and dramas, should I purchase the UBTV box or something else?

Thanks
    I would tell you to hold fire at present. Just for TVB live channels, yes no problem with Ubox although there has been recent server issue but appears to have generally fixed at present. TVB dramas I found the box to be not very good, the app either doesn't work or not very updated or slow at updating. I ended up downloading the RSS video app into the Ubox and watch dramas from there.

As for live football, before the recent server issue you could watch UK Sky Sports and BT Sports which covered the Premier League, Champions League and La Liga football. Although at times those channels wouldn't stream but the options were there. However since the upgrade yesterday these sports channel have disappeared.

Sometimes you could catch Premier League football on other channels with mandarin, arabic or other languages audio.
  • DWDW Junior Member
    @sky0000547 How do you download RSS video app? Which one is that? I have been trying to find one since vchannel went down. Thanks.
  • @sky0000547 How do you download RSS video app? Which one is that? I have been trying to find one since vchannel went down. Thanks.
    You can download the app from the Google Play Store from within the Ubox. The app is call RSS Video Player by PL Media Solutions. The feed is http://irss.se/dramas.

Once working you will need to enable the mouse pointer to navigate the app. This app is basically the same as vChannel.

vChannel works on my Apple devices but I couldn't get it to work on the Ubox. The app itself works but I tried multiple feeds but it wouldn't connect.
  • After this morning update, the sports channels are back and working again.
  • I would tell you to hold fire at present. Just for TVB live channels, yes no problem with Ubox although there has been recent server issue but appears to have generally fixed at present. TVB dramas I found the box to be not very good, the app either doesn't work or not very updated or slow at updating. I ended up downloading the RSS video app into the Ubox and watch dramas from there.

As for live football, before the recent server issue you could watch UK Sky Sports and BT Sports which covered the Premier League, Champions League and La Liga football. Although at times those channels wouldn't stream but the options were there. However since the upgrade yesterday these sports channel have disappeared.

Sometimes you could catch Premier League football on other channels with mandarin, arabic or other languages audio.
    After this morning update, the sports channels are back and working again.
    Thanks for the information, I'm in the UK and is Unblock Tech TV Box Gen 2 Plus Global Edition 1GB RAM the latest version?