Kodi

Has anyone managed to install Kodi onto HTV3 sucessfully? When I install and start it up, it briefly shows the home screen then goes blank. I can hear Kodi but see only a blank screen.

Comments

• it seems starting up Kodi causes the screen resolution to change. Not sure how to fix it yet.
  • Don't htv 3 have kodi/xbmc build in?
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @davefin which build did you install ?
  • I've installed 15.2 Isengard. I have to unplug the HDMI cable then replug for my tv to detect the correct output from htv3. I've had other Android boxes and fire stick with no issues at all.
  • My htv3 had an old version of xbmc installed. This didn't exhibit the same resolution issues but had to upgrade to kodi to install latest addons.
  • edited February 2016
    I bought my HTV3 from eBay (Canadian seller), and it came preinstalled with TVMC. It works very well, but it doesn't exit into the main menu of the HTV with the exit button. 1channel and local file streaming work perfectly. I think I have to press home to get it to exit.

I also noticed the htv3 is more stable when closing apps by pressing exit rather than home. If pressing home to exit some apps won't start streaming properly.

Installing the BangTV app from htvmarket.com was straightforward as well.
    Post edited by SinoSam on