new firmware for HTV 3?

On Htv fb, I read something about a new firmware for the device with my limited Chinese, could someone confirm and share on how to? Their pictures were too small to read anything on it. Thanks, I have the Htv3, do I just dl the firmware onto USB, plug into the box and then what?

Comments

• MmmaruMmmaru Junior Member
    It should be over the air. The latest one is for 12/22. Your system should be showing a pop up or you can go to settings and check for system update.
    Thanked by 1ngoiannie
  • @Mmmaru

Can you please confirm that the firmware you have is dated 12/22? The latest on their site is dated 12/03, and when I try to do an OTA update, it says it couldn't find any "packages" for updating.
    Sorry. The update is only for HTV2. There's no update for HTV3. If you're talking about the apps, they auto update
  • ngoianniengoiannie Junior Member
    I checked there is not system update, could you check this http://www.facebook.com/htvbox ? This is posted by
    HTV box

HTV box
    January 25 at 1:05am ·
    电子产品更新换代如此之快,分分钟就有被淘汰的风险。为了让HTV的客户有更好的体验,HTV官方会定期将固件升级包发布在官网:www.htvbox.com
    (点击【固件下载】 【Firmware】)
    最新固件将会完善系统稳定性,有时我们的程序员小哥还会增加点小创意,让大家体验一些新的小功能~~...
    See More
    See Translation
    HTV box's photo.

When you go to their website, under firmware, there is some files for download, just wondering if we are suppose to download and put into the system.
    I checked there is not system update, could you check this http://www.facebook.com/htvbox ? This is posted by
    HTV box

HTV box
    January 25 at 1:05am ·
    电子产品更新换代如此之快,分分钟就有被淘汰的风险。为了让HTV的客户有更好的体验,HTV官方会定期将固件升级包发布在官网:www.htvbox.com
    (点击【固件下载】 【Firmware】)
    最新固件将会完善系统稳定性,有时我们的程序员小哥还会增加点小创意,让大家体验一些新的小功能~~...
    See More
    See Translation
    HTV box's photo.

When you go to their website, under firmware, there is some files for download, just wondering if we are suppose to download and put into the system.
    Unless you're having problems, I'm not sure why you're seeking out an update. The FB message seems to be telling people to remember to keep their devices updated and if they have issues doing OTA update, they should try it through USB format. As far as I know, there's no new HTV3 update.
    Thanked by 1ngoiannie