Ubox Gen 2 OTA firmware upgrade 20160127

bamby8bamby8 Junior Member
edited February 2016 in UnblockTech UBox / UPad
I turned on my Ubox this morning and started UB TV. A popup dialogue box appeared, prompting whether or not to upgrade the firmware. I went to fetch my camera to try and take a photo, but the upgrade had already decided to start by the time I returned a few seconds later.

The upgrade only took a few seconds to complete and the Ubox rebooted.

All the chosen apps were also removed from the categories in the main launcher. I had to manually add them back into each of the categories. No UB Market apps were deleted (or updated) as far as I can see.

Build Number:
dolphin_fvd_p1-eng 4.4.2 KOT49H 20160127 test-keys

previous version:
dolphin_fvd_p1-eng 4.4.2 KOT49H 20151120 test-keys

Gen.2_S800Plus_Overseas
Global_Edition_S800
1GB RAM

Update: default language and keyboard setting were configured to English US by the reseller. Following the update, the keyboard setting was changed from English QWERTY to Chinese ABCDE keyboard.
Post edited by bamby8 on

Comments

• wsthongwsthong Just Watchin`
    Mine is still showing the previous version.
    Any way to update manually?
  • sleeslee Just Watchin`
    I had the same popup for firmware update as well and I did it this morning.
  • TvpaderTvpader Junior Member
    Yes go into the market and use the update app and check for update. That is how I did it.
  • alexlihawaiialexlihawaii Just Watchin`
    It auto update this morning in Hawaii.
    Never ask your permission, it just update by itself, after that all the app gone like a wind, you need to add all the apps back by yourself.
    Every thing works flawless again.
  • edited January 2016
    Hello, sorry but I cannot read chinese. My firmware is dated back to 20150910. I went to ubstore and could not find the update app. There was three file folders and a box with a arrow pointed down and other apps. Live does not work, vod and playback working on my unit. Could you help me with this please?
  • ya mine does same thing currently on 20150910 when update installation software is stating there is update. so I click on it than it updates the update software than goto updates it states no update found
  • ya mine does same thing currently on 20150910 when update installation software is stating there is update. so I click on it than it updates the update software than goto updates it states no update found
    I click on update in android settings and it changes to another screen then immediately changes back so fast i cant even read it.
  • hleehlee Junior Member
    My box gone through the same auto sw upgrade yesterday like others. I have no control at all. It reboot itself. Need to reinstall some of the apps from ub market afterward. Not sure what are the bugs fixed by this upgrade. As far as I know, I don't see any improvement or enhancement on the buffering/loading rate (0%) of some HK Cantonese programs in VOD.