Drama and HKTV apps

Hi,

Anyone able to get these 2 apps working, since I received the box yesterday everything work well except these 2 apps Drama and HKTV .

Thanks

Comments

• padmanpadman Moderator
    The drama never worked. I think it will only work with China/HK connection.
  • hleehlee Junior Member
    Same here. Could not get them to work. If you click on HKTV icon and wait long enough, it will prompt you for a pass code & other registration information. Give me a break !
  • gqone76gqone76 TV Nuts
    edited January 2016
    well for HKTV, you have to goto http://www.hktvmall.com/?register=true to register and account, and than put that info in the hktv app, honestly thought dont' really see that many content on it though (instruction from their facebook page)
    Thanked by 1tvbolon
  • Don't use the HKTV app, it doesn't work, it's only for HK user like padman said.
    HKTV is in the HD live contents #17, but it's not working all the time thou...
  • ZipoZipo Junior Member
    When I brought my ubox from eBay, all sellers did post this on the product information

注意,HKTV這個app只限香港觀看, 可用后面內容替代:UBTV -->> 高清直播-->> 港澳頻道-->>HKTV
    "劇集"這個app暫時只能在香港觀看,替代內容:UBTV--> 節目點播--> 電視劇-->粵語; 或電影-->粵語;或綜藝-->粵語

Haven't receive the box yet, it shipped from Hk or China, all eBay posts for ubox can make offer, I was rejected my last final (max 3) offer for 100US and their buy it now is 115 with free shipping, not much bargain room
    I also brought a htv3 from Canada, also all can make offer, I was accepted at first offer at C260 (US180)with list C280, so there is bargin room there, wonder what happened to Canadian dollar, it dropped like a rock.
  • xlxllxlxxlxllxlx Junior Member
    Drama and HKTV work with VPN
  • I am in Australia and the Drama (港剧) app had been working since I got the UBOX in Janurary this year. However, I started to have trouble viewing contents in said app last week so I went to UB Market for reinstall. The installed version originally came with the UBOX was v1.2.8 but the version currently available in UB Market is v1.2.6 (UB market requires users to reinstall to this version). I downgraded to this version and the app worked for a few days, not to mention the user interface is worse than v1.2.8 and the inability to select 1080p for the quality source. Since the last couple of days, (I believe from Chinese New Year onwards, the installed v1.2.6 has failed to work again. I tried to revert to v1.2.8 and it could not even load to see the listing page. I reinstalled v1.2.6 again and I could go into the menu page but cannot load any content when I click on them. I was wondering if any of you had issues with this app lately but was working for you previously.

I kind of prefer this app over other UB VOD apps because it is (was) a good source for variety shows and was updated faster than UVOD plus this app had some contents that UVOD lacks. Don't get me started on UB Replay, I don't use that app unless I really have to, because the skips on the replays drive me crazy!

Thanks a lot everyone!