Storage Capacity Decreasing Constantly

Hi All,

For some reason the storage capacity of my unit kept decreasing.
Initially it has 3.8 GB and now 3.5GB of storage.
The only app which I have installed was vChannel.

I tried the following with no help in increasing the storage.
Garbage Collector, Speed Up, Clearing Data of the Apps installed.

Any users out there have the same issue?

Comments

• padmanpadman Moderator
    Are you using the live tv app? If so I believe it does use the cache for buffering.
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    Are you using the live tv app? If so I believe it does use the cache for buffering.
    Yes if you running KODI that is eat up lot of space
  • wsthongwsthong Just Watchin`
    Hi Padman,

Yes, I am using Live TV app mostly. But I have clear the data as well under setting.
    Will factory resetting help?
    Do you know what is the purpose of Garbage Collector and Speed Up.
    No KODI have been installed as mentioned by cheeks.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @wsthong TBH I don't think it's a big issue. If you are still wondering you can always install a space analyzer

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobile_infographics_tools.mydrive&hl=en
  • wsthongwsthong Just Watchin`
    @padman,

Thank you for the recommendation.
    Will factory reset delete all the apps that came with UBox, apart from those I installed via play google.
    @wsthong TBH I don't think it's a big issue. If you are still wondering you can always install a space analyzer

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobile_infographics_tools.mydrive&hl=en
  • @wsthong
    I noticed the same issue with my UBox. I could not install any apps and when I checked the storage from the settings, I only had a few 1.2 MBs free. I took a look at what was taking up all the storage and it turned out to be a bunch of 'aw_xxx_system_boot_xxxxxxx.log' There was a whole bunch of these log files. One of them was several GBs. I deleted them but they seem to come back.

Does anyone know what they are?
  • It happens to me when I leave it on 7/24 live stream channel, it eats up all my memories that I have to deleted all the files to make it running smoothly again. Have to do this once awhile.
  • I also encountered similar issue and all these xxxx.log files use up majority of my memories and I only had a few 2.3 MBs free. I suspect this may be one of the reasons why II can't run the update to 3.2.6_android_oversea from a pop up notification. How do I delete these bunch of xxxxx.log? I tried to use the remote control but it doesn't allow me to do so. Am I doing something wrong?
  • My parent leave their box on 24/7 live stream. If you have ES File Explorer apk. Go to the home page, select the Analyzes button to run through the process. Scroll down the pages to put check marks on those Duplicates, Clean and ..etc to free up spaces. I was able to remove close to 3.9GB space afterward.
  • Another method is go to the system setting then go to Storage then on the right, under internal storage, scroll down to Misc section, select the column then press OK then hold down the OK button again on remote, then "select all" on top right for deletion , it will cleared up all files, and you can delete the cached data the same way.
  • Thanks 535four. I successfully deleted all these log files in the misc section and am able to upgrade to 3.2.6. By the way, how do I check the cached data?
  • bamby8bamby8 Junior Member
    Is it safe to delete all files in the 'Misc.' section?

Or delete only .log files ?

On my ubox, I notice there is a '10moonsApp' (171 MB) and .estrongs (23.55 MB)

• Another issue is that the S800 Plus only has 8GB ROM, the SYSTEM partition reserves about 2.5GB (this is too huge for an OS that is 1GB in size IMO), that left 5.5GB available to the user. If you have been updating the apps, it will take up spaces.

How Android works is that the SYSTEM partition (factory partition if you want to call it) is read only, any updated apps are stored in the DATA partition (user accessible). Both partitions share the available 8GB, and as you add apps, update apps, it will take up spaces. Just the updated Google Services is already 95MB alone.

If you have root, you can use apps like Titanium Backup to merge the apps in Data to System, that will free up room because it will overwrite the old stuff.

I will look into how the Allwinner H3 works and see if there are any engineering mode to turn off logging.