Community Project: Update legacy apps

So it seems like TVPad had stopped updating contents in a few apps. The Cantonese VOD app is a good example.

I thought it may be worthwhile for us to update these apps with the content that is currently updating for TVPad 4.

Due to my limited knowledge with TVPad apps and Android apps ATM, should the course of action be such:

1: decompile both legacy tvpad and tvpad 4 apps
2: Update the content list source on the legacy app
3: Recompile legacy app

I'm sure there will be other obstacles as well but just want to see what are our options.

Please do chime in if you have any suggestions or ideas
Thanked by 1drdtyc
Tagged:

Comments

• A few of us already have a lot of information about the legacy TVPad apps. It could simply be a matter of finding the stream URLs used by TVPad4 and using the Phanto app for example.

I never played with the TVPad4 app though and I have not done much hacking on Android, so that might be an issue for me.
    Thanked by 1drdtyc
  • j3leungj3leung Junior Member
    Padman, by deleting and re-installing the VOD Tvpad apps and movie apps... does the content update? but anyhow.... here is my current status:

i'm using DNS starting with 49... TVB live and delay 12 hours live TV app works with slower and choppy connections. However, none of the shows on the VOD apps are working and it's not connecting.
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    Padman, by deleting and re-installing the VOD Tvpad apps and movie apps... does the content update? but anyhow.... here is my current status:

i'm using DNS starting with 49... TVB live and delay 12 hours live TV app works with slower and choppy connections. However, none of the shows on the VOD apps are working and it's not connecting.
    It seems all vod are down today may be ending soon for Pad 1,2,3
  • It seems all vod are down today may be ending soon for Pad 1,2,3
    Come on, have some faith. When the green man was off on TVPad 1 it was also the end of TVPad 1, but look where we are now :) I am sure we will find a way ... might not be from me though B)