Asking informations concerning product UnblockTech UB Box

Hi Everybody,

im one old user from Clubtvpad and i think many of you are coming from the same place...
So, like many here, im disapointed by the end of TVPAD system and look for one stable and credible alternative.

In majority, with old tvpad, i used live tv first and not so much VOD, so, UB Box 2 seems to be good.

But need to have more informations about it.

First of all, is it possible to use UB Box in Europe? Is it possible to have one complete tv live channels in this system? All tv channels are free or few of them i need to paid (like on cloud tv app)? What is the name of the mains apps for live tv on this system (i hear about UBTV)?

in 1 month, i go in travel in HK, i see many electronic shops sell Unblocktech UB Box Gen 3, do you know this box???

Thanks for everybody for your replies and of course happy new year to all

JK

Comments

• I found both ChineseTV and UBTV apps to be good source for live channels. Matter of fact, I was able to side loaded ChineseTV app into a generic android TV box to make it work. However, unable to the same for UBTV app. .
  • DWDW Junior Member
    Check out padman's review. http://tvpadnews.com/2015/12/20/unblocktech-ub-box-gen2-box-review/

In his YouTube review video, he flipped through pages of live TV channels. Basically you have over 100 channels to chose from. They are free but not all of them works. But I would say the more "important" ones like tvb jade, tvb news, j2, etc. work.

Hong Kong VOD content is lacking but this is not your biggest area of interest so that's OK. Use vchannel app if you ever want vod contents.
  • I found both ChineseTV and UBTV apps to be good source for live channels. Matter of fact, I was able to side loaded ChineseTV app into a generic android TV box to make it work. However, unable to the same for UBTV app. .
    What are available from the ChinseTV app?
  • Hi BennyLam - Particularly live TV channels from many countries, covering Chinese mainstream TV channels. To name a few of HK channels as follows:
    Phoenix Hong Kong Channel, Phoenix Chinese Channel, Phoenix TV, Hong Kong TV, Jade, ATV, Pearl, Asia, Taiwan, TVB J2, Asia-Pacific economic units, UAF TV, Star TV, 9DTV, the new film, sun TV, see News, Hong Kong and Taiwan theater..etc.
  • DWDW Junior Member
    @Orca4wd Where did you get the Chinese TV app? What exactly is it called in chinese? Thanks.
  • @DW - It is one of the app in the Unblock Tech store. I do not see a Chinese name when it got pulled from the store. I try to Google it but unable to find the exact icon...Anyone else know the official Chinese name?
  • DWDW Junior Member
    @Orca4wd So the app is called "ChineseTV"? And it is no longer available on UB Market?
  • Orca4wdOrca4wd Member
    edited January 2016
    Yes it is called ChineseTV with orange older style television icon. I gave my unblocked tech box to my parent so unable to check if is still available on UB Market but believe it should be.
  • DWDW Junior Member
    Interesting. Don't see an app with orange TV icon on market. I bet its taken off.
  • @DW- Just sent you an PM.
  • Most apps installed in Ubox, you can get it from app.shafa.com it's free app for any android devices. just that UBTV and it's VOD and that Adult channel app is Ubox only
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @gqone76 LOL I tried the testing channel yesterday finally... content galore is all I've gotta say B)
  • LOL Oh boy, I I bet it takes you a while for you to tested it all. :)