VPN Unlimited on tvpad4 not working

I followed padman's video on using VPN Unlimited on tvpad4 but I'm not able to get the VPN connection turned on. When I turned it off, it gave me an error message "Vpn service was not started due to internal exception!". Does anyone have similar problem and was able to find a solution for it?
Tagged:

Comments

• Did you recently reboot the TVPad4?
    Check you TVPad's time displayed on upper right corner : does it show correct time?
    If not, you would need to change device's system date and time

Please read my previous post on how to set TVPad's time:
    http://tvpadtalk.ca/discussion/comment/3719/#Comment_3719
  • KinyoKinyo Junior Member
    I followed padman's video on using VPN Unlimited on tvpad4 but I'm not able to get the VPN connection turned on. When I turned it off, it gave me an error message "Vpn service was not started due to internal exception!". Does anyone have similar problem and was able to find a solution for it?
    U should use open VPN connect app and import ur vpn unlimited certificate to it ,it works awesome.but make sure the time on ur tvpad4 is correct.otherwise it fails to connect.
  • HI Kinyo - When you refer to make sure the time on your tvpad4 is correct otherwise it fails to connect. Which time are you specifically reference to? If I connect the VPN to HK server then should I set the tvpad4 to GMT +8.00 (HK time) or local time U.S. pacific time zone (GMT -8.00)? I like to try the open VPN approach. Please advise.
  • HI Kinyo - When you refer to make sure the time on your tvpad4 is correct otherwise it fails to connect. Which time are you specifically reference to? If I connect the VPN to HK server then should I set the tvpad4 to GMT +8.00 (HK time) or local time U.S. pacific time zone (GMT -8.00)? I like to try the open VPN approach. Please advise.
    The TVPad's system time (device time) should always reflect your local time where the TVPad is located
  • KinyoKinyo Junior Member
    HI Kinyo - When you refer to make sure the time on your tvpad4 is correct otherwise it fails to connect. Which time are you specifically reference to? If I connect the VPN to HK server then should I set the tvpad4 to GMT +8.00 (HK time) or local time U.S. pacific time zone (GMT -8.00)? I like to try the open VPN approach. Please advise.
    The TVPad's system time (device time) should always reflect your local time where the TVPad is located
    Yeah exactly.
  • Thanks, Fustrated.
  • Thanks Fustrated for the instruction in http://tvpadtalk.ca/discussion/comment/3719/#Comment_3719

I followed them and my VPN Unlimited is now working on my tvpad4! No need to use the 2-router solution...