January 1st, 2016: Is your legacy TVPad still working?

sleeslee Just Watchin`
Happy New Year everyone!

I am in Ontario/Canada and used DNS 49.213.10.163 (no paid DNS, VPN, or second router method), my TVpad3 had stopped working a couple days ago.

Ok, because today is January 1st, 2016, I plugged my TVpad3 back in just to see if it is working or not. To my surprise, it is working again! TVB Live streams and time-shift work, but no VOD.

How about your legacy TVpad?

Comments

• brexbrex Junior Member
    so far so good, only checked china contnets.. perhaps come monday China time it will be different story..
  • sleeslee Just Watchin`
    My UB Box is standby, no fear....... :)
    so far so good, only checked china contnets.. perhaps come monday China time it will be different story..
  • redgolfredgolf Junior Member
    Here in UK, tvpad 1 & 3 still working..
  • Just to report that my tvpad 3 in Malaysia is still working. I use Niji to watch live Japanese channels most of the time. Some channels were slow on January 1.

I will be most thankful to tvpad if it continues to work 70% of the time. And I hope that tvpad can find a way to resolve the legal issues or find a way to bypass it so they can continue to serve tvpad users.
  • sleeslee Just Watchin`
    Yes, I also hope that they can find a way to go around the legal issue and still provide some functions on the legacy TVpads. Even without Live streams, only time-shifted and VOD can be good and enough.
    Just to report that my tvpad 3 in Malaysia is still working. I use Niji to watch live Japanese channels most of the time. Some channels were slow on January 1.

I will be most thankful to tvpad if it continues to work 70% of the time. And I hope that tvpad can find a way to resolve the legal issues or find a way to bypass it so they can continue to serve tvpad users.
  • SomebodySomebody Junior Member
    Here in UK, tvpad 1 & 3 still working..
    @redgolf what DNS are you using for TVP1?
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @Somebody Used phantoman's fix and paid dns got cantonese live tv, cantonese timeshift, cantonese vod, korean live tv to work

korean vod, cantonese 7 days reply don't work
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    @Somebody Used phantoman's fix and paid dns got cantonese live tv, cantonese timeshift, cantonese vod, korean live tv to work

korean vod, cantonese 7 days reply don't work
    Hi Mr.Padman it sound strange when I use DNS 182.140.167.166 then cantonese vod, korean vod both work but not the live stream........ :s
    Post edited by cheuk5 on
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @cheuk5 thanks for reporting, ill do some investigation
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @cheuk5 What version is your korean cod ?
    Yes I check it is HOT韩剧社 1.3 for Pad1
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @cheuk5 Very strange. I have 1.3 here as well, but couldn't get the app to update the content...
    @cheuk5 Very strange. I have 1.3 here as well, but couldn't get the app to update the content...
    Please change DNS to 182.140.167.166 it work for me but not load in 198......
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @cheuk5 Did you have to reinstall that app after your fw flash or you used another method ?
    @cheuk5 Did you have to reinstall that app after your fw flash or you used another method ?
    Yes after upgrade to 3.27 it will ripe out all Apps I has reinstall all apps again
  • bamby8bamby8 Junior Member
    edited January 2016
    TVpad 2 still working here for live TV. Thanks to Phantoman, our TVpad 1 also resurrected.

But a friend said they saw a banner message appear on their box recently quoting service will shut down on 5th January. Anyone else see this banner?
  • Please change DNS to 182.140.167.166 it work for me but not load in 198......
    That DNS server does not work for everybody, maybe it's IP restricted. If I run the following on Windows I get a timeout.

nslookup google.com 182.140.167.166
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    That certainly seems to be the case. Some sort of geo-fencing
    Please change DNS to 182.140.167.166 it work for me but not load in 198......
    That DNS server does not work for everybody, maybe it's IP restricted. If I run the following on Windows I get a timeout.

nslookup google.com 182.140.167.166
  • YI HuangYI Huang Junior Member
    My is TVpad3 but not working at all . I am living in US, San Jose area .
    Anyone knows the working DNS # ? I just need to watch Taiwan news Channels ?
  • youngrobyoungrob Junior Member
    Tvpad 2 live channels working, but vods are not.