UB box channel outage

There seems to be an outage for some/few channels with the live tv on the UB box.

A scrolling message now display on the top of some channels that doesn't load.

Hopefully this isn't a long time thing. Because I've been experiencing this since I got the box.

Tagged:

Comments

• wsthongwsthong Just Watchin`
    Hi Padman,

I tried the Japanese, HK and VOD from Live Tv this morning between 5 am to 6 am Beijing time.

There were working but slow. At one stage I have to reboot the unit.

On the other hand, there a message "ScrollTextView" appearing at the left bottom corner while in the app. Not sure this is the same issue I brought up last night (9pm Beijing Time)
    There seems to be an outage for some/few channels with the live tv on the UB box.

A scrolling message now display on the top of some channels that doesn't load.

Hopefully this isn't a long time thing. Because I've been experiencing this since I got the box.

• JoeSmithJoeSmith Junior Member
    Does it matter if you use VPN to tunnel out of somewhere else?
  • There's outage on all tvb and atv channels now, don't know how long will that be.
  • The outage on live tvb channels seem to be on 'UBTV' app. However, go to the 'APP' screen in the main menu then install the 'ChineseTV' app which has all the live tvb, HKTV and atv channels + without outage issue. There seem to be lot of buffering with the VOD app. Do you have buffering problem when view VOB channels?
  • They came back now, probably they're updating. The Chinese TV app is the same as the UBTV in Chinese version. Yup, the VOD buffering a lot, VOB seems OK here but I didn't watch long enough. The 7 days playback runs flawlessly.
  • hleehlee Junior Member
    Saw some glitches on Live channels and UB REC in the morning here. I also saw a message saying "Server hard disk failure" at that time. I switched to watch something else. When I checked back later in the evening, "Live" and "REC" apps seems to be working again.
  • ZipoZipo Junior Member
    What speed is your internet? It's got standby channels for few reasons. 1 when they work on primary server for upgrade or other users can still watch with standby channels. 2. Incase one server is having difficulty or possibly going through government raid user can still watch through other
    Thank you for your info. I have cable internet with over 60M speed, when it buffering, I still can see the down speed pretty fast, so I think it is their end.the ubox is the cheaper compare to other box, like Htv3, but I think the difference ($60) is worth the money with less buffering, hope they will fix the problem