Re-purpose tvpad 3

edited December 2015 in Legacy TVPad
Hello all
I hope everybody is doing well.
Would anybody know of any websites or threads that discuss other uses for tvpads. Since it is soon to be dead anyway even if I had to open it up to solder on a new rom chip i have nothing to lose. It just seems like a shame that the hardware can't be turned into a android kodi streaming box with some work.
Cheers,
Trainerwump

Comments

• padmanpadman Moderator
    If someone is able to root it, there should be some uses for it. Other than that I think we are stuck
    Hello all
    Would anybody know of any websites or threads that discuss other uses for tvpads. Since it is soon to be dead anyway even if I had to open it up to solder on a new rom chip i have nothing to lose. It just seems like a shame that the hardware can't be turned into a android kodi streaming box with some work.
    Cheers,
    Trainerwump
  • I can see it being used as a media player for digital media only.
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    I can see it being used as a media player for digital media only.
    No, one way to survival is begging Mr.Phantoman to release a good channel list for Phanto Apps B)
  • tomato123tomato123 Show Producer
    I wonder if @Phantoman can make the app to "automatically" download the channel list. :3
    I can see it being used as a media player for digital media only.
    No, one way to survival is begging Mr.Phantoman to release a good channel list for Phanto Apps B)
  • If someone is able to root it, there should be some uses for it. Other than that I think we are stuck
    Hello all
    Cheers,
    Trainerwump
    You may want to do some homework in Youtube. Apparently someone managed to revive it from the dead again.

Start with this link and see the related links on the right.

Cheers