The M series TV box

TVpadCATVpadCA Just Watchin`
edited December 2015 in Other IPTV Streaming Device
I am not planning to spend a lot for another tv box to replace my TVpad 1. I only need live channels for news such as TVB, National Georgrahic, CNN etc. Some drama from TVB and China would be great as I am viewing mostly from PC and Chromcast now.

Searching eBay gives me many tvbox at very low price like $35.00. They include:

MXQ S805 (Android 4.4)
M8 (Old version?)
M8S (Android 4.4, 4k)
M8S plus (Android 5.1)
MXIII (Android 4.4)
Minix Neo (Android 5..1, 4k)

Are these all the same company made?
Has anyone bought them and tried? How is it compared to Unblock gen.2?

Thanks in advance.
Post edited by TVpadCA on
Thanked by 1tylerlee

Comments

• padmanpadman Moderator
    edited December 2015
    You're not gonna get live channel on these unless you want to chase streams.

VpD shouldn't be a problem

TVpadCA Wrote:
    > I am not planning to spend a lot for another tv
    > box to replace my TVpad 1. I only need live
    > channels for news such as TVB, National
    > Georgrahic, CNN etc. Some drama from TVB and China
    > would be great as I am viewing mostly from PC and
    > Chromcast now.
    >
    > Searching eBay gives me many tvbox at very low
    > price like $35.00. They include:
    >
    > MXQ S805 (Android 4.4)
    > M8 (Old version?)
    > M8S (Android 4.4, 4k)
    > M8S plus (Android 5.1)
    > MXIII (Android 4.4)
    > Minix Neo (Android 5..1, 4k)
    >
    > Are these all the same company made?
    > Has anyone bought them and tried? How is it
    > compared to Unblock gen.2?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
  • TVpadCATVpadCA Just Watchin`
    edited December 2015
    Thanks. That will save me a few more bucks. :)-D Where would I be able to get some live stream for news from HK?
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    edited December 2015
    If you have a vpn service, you could run the vpn to the hk then load the tvb app onto these boxes.

TVpadCA Wrote:
    > Thanks. That will save me a few more bucks. :)-D
    > Where would I be able to get some live stream for
    > news from HK?
    edited December 2015
    Unfortunately, I don't have vpn service. I am not that tech savvy to touch my network. Besides I don't have these box yet, only a dead TVpad1 and chromcasting from my pc.
  • Get a CloudTV app installed. you'll get some LIVE HK channels for free, or, buy $4.99 a month or for a yearly subscription for the Asian package, you'll get more HK live channels. HKTV, ATV is for free.
  • 535four535four Member
    edited December 2015
    https://www.cloudtv.bz/articles/detail/23/

Edit: sorry, Android download link not working.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @535four does the 4.99 include all channels or is there specific packages?

How reliable are the streams?
  • 535four535four Member
    edited December 2015
    I was subscribed for a month last year just for testing out, it was well covered tvb channels running fast and smoothly, they change the package recently and did not show any of these channels, but it shows on the premium trial, you can try it out for 3 days free.
    I just found the download link here http://www.tvapk.com/android/yingyintuxiang/8982.htm

中港台 4.99 about 120 channels
    豪華色 9.33 for about 280 channels
    and others..
    but there's a lot of free channels...
    Post edited by 535four on
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @535four Thanks for that. I think I'll subscribe to it and do a review
    Thanks 533four for providing the info and thanks padman for trying out. Hope to see your review soon.
  • edited January 2016
    I bought the MXQ android tv box $35 at Amazon and side loaded shafa. http://www.shafa.com/market
    Here are some of the important apps that works.
    Youku for china, 36tv for taiwan, K for karaoke, vchannel for tvb and tv plus 2.0 with 300+ channels
    It also came with kodi installed with the box. That basically covered all the stuff that u would need.
    The only thing i don't like is the vchannel interface on a tv box. Wish someone would back up and share the unblocktech tv box tvb apk apps or app store, so i can try it. if it works, we have our own little tvpad :)
    I am not planning to spend a lot for another tv box to replace my TVpad 1. I only need live channels for news such as TVB, National Georgrahic, CNN etc. Some drama from TVB and China would be great as I am viewing mostly from PC and Chromcast now.

MXQ S805 (Android 4.4)
    M8 (Old version?)
    M8S (Android 4.4, 4k)
    M8S plus (Android 5.1)
    MXIII (Android 4.4)

Thanks in advance.
    Post edited by tylerlee on
    I am using vchannel on my iphone. There is no live streaming for news, only recorded ones. Is the vchannel on these tvbox giving live streaming of tvb and other HK channels?
    I bought the MXQ android tv box $35 at Amazon and side loaded shafa. http://www.shafa.com/market
    Here are some of the important apps that works.
    Youku for china, 36tv for taiwan, K for karaoke, vchannel for tvb and tv plus 2.0 with 300+ channels
    It also came with kodi installed with the box. That basically covered all the stuff that u would need.
    The only thing i don't like is the vchannel interface on a tv box. Wish someone would back up and share the unblocktech tv box tvb apk apps or app store, so i can try it. if it works, we have our own little tvpad :)

MXQ S805 (Android 4.4)
    M8 (Old version?)
    M8S (Android 4.4, 4k)
    M8S plus (Android 5.1)
    MXIII (Android 4.4)

Thanks in advance.
  • I'm afraid not.

Thank you. It looks like many of these boxes do not have live streaming.
    BTW, has your MXQ bought from sellers located in China or US and not from Hong Kong? I have a relative now visiting in HK, I were told these boxes from different locations are loaded differently. Some China versions do not have play store and Youtube. He suggested me to get one from HK local retailers, even if I buy it from eBay. Anyway, I am trying to get some confirmation regarding live streaming. Live streaming is the only reason I am buying a tv box.
  • edited January 2016
    They are all the same. i just chose the one that ship by Amazon. It has 2 day shipping.
    http://www.amazon.com/Amlogic-S805-Quad-Android-android/dp/B019C7XWQK/ref=sr_1_7?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1451759413&sr=1-7&keywords=MXQ&refinements=p_85:2470955011
    it came pre-loaded with kodi. u have to install the other apps from shafa urself.
    They are all the same. i just chose the one that ship by Amazon. It has 2 day shipping.
    http://www.amazon.com/Amlogic-S805-Quad-Android-android/dp/B019C7XWQK/ref=sr_1_7?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1451759413&sr=1-7&keywords=MXQ&refinements=p_85:2470955011
    it came pre-loaded with kodi. u have to install the other apps from shafa urself.
    I have check the web site. there are many live stream, but I don't seem to find HK channels.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @TVpadCA HK streams are always the hardest to find. Most of the time you have to really dig and hope for the stream is stable.
    Thanked by 1TVpadCA
  • Has anyone tried this app? Although not sure if it has hk channels. http://www.tvapk.com/android/live/12705.htm
    Thanked by 1tylerlee
    @TVpadCA HK streams are always the hardest to find. Most of the time you have to really dig and hope for the stream is stable.
    Sometimes, too many apps is no app for me. I only watch a few of them. I wish they list what is in/under each app.