Action Day! TVPad Users please act !

Comments

• Orca4wdOrca4wd Member
    edited December 2015
    Thank you Padman - Sent the Chinese version complain letter using five different email accounts including my parent's as well. I hope they are flooded with our complains.
  • owenowen TV Nuts
    edited December 2015
    Done.

I saved both version into my email account under <DRAFT> folder. I will send both version out each day until they reply to us.
  • Fulee1Fulee1 Junior Member
    edited December 2015
    Sent to all 4
  • alexlihawaiialexlihawaii Just Watchin`
    edited December 2015
    I did 3 mins ago..........
  • ntpntp Junior Member
    edited December 2015
    I sent mine too even it may be useless. TVPAD won't give out answer since they never admit they have lawsuits against them. I do believe TVPAD think not all the customers know their situation since their target customers are mostly elderly people.

I just worry they are going to use another brand name to carry on their product.
  • crazylazycrazylazy Junior Member
    edited December 2015
    Done.
  • DaveDave Junior Member
    edited December 2015
    Done with my own words.

Just 2 questions:
    1) where could I return my TVpad3 and get some refund for the UB box?
    2) Shuold I cancel the DNS service if I opt to UB box?

Please advise.

Dave
  • LiTOCALiTOCA Junior Member
    edited December 2015
    Hi Guys,

I've sent the following message to 線上客服 and all email addresses above.

致TVPad 高层管理人员:

你们的TVPad 1, TVPad 2, TVPad 3 关闭计划及零售后服务是极度不负责任而且绝对不能被花了几百甚至上千美金购买(有人购买不止一台)的千千万万消费者接受的!

我曾经几度联系厂方。所有电子邮件都被退回。线上客服说我是在美国买的,一切问题都只能找经销商。现在还计划关闭Tvpad 1, Tvpad
    2和Tvpad 3 的服务。这违背使用说明书中的服务条款下列明的终身贴心服务以及1年免费保修的服务承诺,已经构成商业欺诈。你们不要以为可以相互推诿。你们和经销商是合作关系是有连带责任的。

我和很多亲戚朋友都是TVPad的老用户。但是我是第一个也是目前唯一一个买了TVPad4的。他们都买了TVPad 1, 2 和 3。 我也有一个TVPad 1。 我的TVPad 4 买了才两三个月就坏了。恢复出厂设置后,重启时只见TVPad 4 的标志出现后就显示一个一动不动的黑屏,按什么键也没反应。换了一个TVPad 4 几个月后又出现同样的问题。十个月不到就连续出现两次这样的严重故障。我是在三藩市华埠市德顿街1028号(华盛顿夹积臣街)的丰泽电器买的。英文名称和地址如下(我将把一切广而告之):

ABUNDANT ZE ELECTRICAL
    SKY DRAGON APPLIANCE INC
    1028 STOCKTON ST
    SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94133
    电话号码:415-837-5949,415-398-5997

他们拿了我的TVPad4说是拿回厂方维修。但是后来他们说不是软件坏,是硬件坏了,所以“着唔倒”(cannot be turned on). 要我补$100换/修。我说不对。指示灯都亮,也看到TVPad 4的标志出来,怎么能说“着唔倒”(cannot be turned on)?他们坚持说是硬件坏了并说已过了三个月的保修期。我说使用说明书中的服务条款明明承诺1年免费保修和终身贴心服务。他们说那是厂方的,他们经销商只提供三个月的保修。我说那你们就拿回厂方维修啦。他们又说厂都已经关闭了。我说那你们几天前不是说拿回厂方维修了吗?那个店员又推卸责任说那天不是她说的。如果厂都已经关闭了,他们为什么又说拿回厂方维修呢?他们怎么还能卖呢?他们又如何提供1年免费保修呢?在我的严正驳斥下,他们又改口说最少要$50换一个给我。很明显他们就是想骗取多点钱。骗多一点是一点。其实稍微有点电子知识的人,都能想到它就是固件也就是软件的问题。只需要重刷固件即可。但是厂方没有提供固件及刷机方法给我们。不像电脑制造商都随机提供 Recovery DVD。 我专业为人提供电脑电器家庭影音方面的设计,建议,代购,组装/安装,调试和维护以及教人使用一条龙服务的。以前我大力推荐TVPad它也是我唯一推荐的电视机顶盒。有很多人原本已经想叫我代买的,我改变了决定。但是您的关闭计划和零售后服务大大打击了所有消费者(包括新老和潜在顾客)对TVPad 的信任,你们今天关TVPad 1, TVPad 2 和 TVPad 3 的服务,明天就会停 TVPad 4 的服务。这是杀鸡取卵!所有消费者从此都不会再信任TVPad而改投您的竞争对手的怀抱, 例如 Moonbox, HTV, Unblocktech,等等。甚至不用三十美金就能在 /FONT][/COLOR][URL="http://www.ebay.com/itm/M10-MXQ-S812-METAL-TV-BOX-KODI-QUADCORE-ANDROID4-4-4K-WIFI-XBMC-FULL-LOADED-ED4D-/262206228827?hash=item3d0cb5895b:g:3CgAAOSwo3pWe1oo"]www.ebay.com[/URL][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial 买到一个性能与功能都比TVPad 4 强大不知多少倍的 M10 MXQ S812 METAL TV BOX。TVPad 4 是一个定制的安卓系统,砍掉了很多功能象谷歌应用商店等的安装。而它却是一个完整的安卓系统。TVPad 4 能装的应用它都能装,而 TVPad 4 不能装的应用它也能装。它支持4K以及3D输出而TVPad 4 的内在输出其实只有720P并非它宣传的1080P,更不要说3D了。而且它没有关闭服务的问题。这些安卓电视盒子的固件和刷机方法在网上很容易找到。当初别人问我 TVPad 的零月费看中文电视广告是不是骗人的,我就说很多华人使用TVPad 好几年了都没有问题,是唯一一个我信得过的能真正让你终身免费看中文电视的机顶盒。但是现在你们的关闭计划和零服务是在自毁信誉和这么多年来这么多忠实拥趸为你们建立起的口碑和市场。从此不会有人再相信你们。我们不会再花一分钱购买你们的“报废的塑料”。我决心采取一切行动包括发起集体诉讼讨回所有消费者的权益。我还会进一步不择手段地采取所有可能的途径打击报复行动抵制TVPad的销售! 例如但不限于在各种媒体包括但不限于网络对你们的非法骗人勾当进行彻底的揭露,向相关政府部门执法机关和版权商举报并协助他们取缔打击经销商进行TVPad的销售。

请取消您的不负责任的关闭计划并完善您的售后服务以还我消费者权益!

TVPad 消费者

I think we not only need to make our voice heard louder together, but also in action. Otherwise we will be ignored just like those bricks. We'd actually be fooled into spending hundreds or even thousands of dollars upfront to watch unlimited Chinese TV with no monthly fee forever, but ended up being forced to pay hundreds or even thousands of dollars upfront again every once a while, which turning out to be advanced payment of even more than monthly fee. Is there anybody interested in any action to stop them from turning our money into waste?

P.S. I am not affiliated with eBay or any seller in any kind. Instead it cost me almost the whole day and night to search and find this best deal in my opinion if the hardware is as specified because its hardware specifications are almost the same as the best Android TV box Minix X8-H Plus for only about 20% of its price and it's the lowest price I could find after searching 4.5 hours at midnight. I just wanted to prove that how much money that TVPad has stolen from us.

Anyway I wish you guys a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
  • kaykay Junior Member
    edited December 2015
    Sent today.
  • remyremy Junior Member
    edited December 2015
  • skywrx02@gmail.com[email protected] Junior Member
    edited December 2015
    sent
  • deadudedeadude Junior Member
    edited December 2015
    Dear TVPad upper management,
    TVPad not only steal the money from my old people, TVpad broke their word as they advertise "FREE LIFE TIME MONTHLY FEE CHARGE"
    now they don't to support their device,and they want to shut down the support..IT is BAD,BAD BUSINESS company...
    TVpad must do like the Microsort, they give their costumer the time to get ready, the XP window will not support be on this date....

NOW! TVpad should set the time frame for Pad 1 will not support be on this date.
    Pad2 will be on this date and go on...give your costumer the time get ready or getting the new device(latest)....
    Please.take away their enjoyments/feelings.to all old folks in China town around the world,
    Chinese channels are their daily holding on and keeping their life more colorful.

and please don't "Take money and run"
  • smallconsmallcon Junior Member
    edited December 2015
  • BatmanBatman Junior Member
    edited December 2015
    Here's my email to TVPAD.

Dear you all motherless child,

How dare you took our money, and gave us the finger! What the hell are we going to do with your shitty box TVPAD1,
    TVPAD2, and TVPAD3 ? Now you want us to pay you again for something we have purchased? Let me tell you something. Do you know we all can file a class action and sue your ass? Forget about TVB taking you to court.
    We will take you court!!!! For stealing thousand of people's hard earned money is a class A felony of grand larceny.
    That's criminal! Why don't you come up with a better solution to help us with this mess that you have created?
    Better yet, help yourself so the FBI won't pay you a visit.

Yours truly,
    Batman
  • cwong668cwong668 Junior Member
    edited December 2015
    hi,
    address #1 is the same as address #3...
    sent to [email protected] and copy to the three email address end with .cn...
    why blind copy the email?...
    cheers,
  • Cadillac58Cadillac58 Junior Member
    edited December 2015
    For clarification purposes, tvpad.hk is actually located in Orange California while tvpad.cn is located in China/Hong Kong. Doubt you will get any response from tvpad.hk due to court action. Check https://myip.ms/info/whois/ for detailed info on both with a "whois" lookup. Also, TVPAD is just an android based box similar to cell phones and other media boxes. Most apps will run on any other device. In fact, you could download and install a program called Blue Stacks and run same apps on a Windows PC. It's a bit of a pain to figure out how to load the apps, but works. What TVPAD did with their boxes appears to be that they restricted access to the standard android settings so it makes it difficult to load apps from outside their own app store. I doubt that they will ever fix connection to app store and you don't need it anyway. Only care about apps working so you can see live TV and VOD files.
  • cmc4141cmc4141 Junior Member
    edited December 2015
    Done !
  • diyguydiyguy Junior Member
    edited December 2015
    LiTOCA. your email content is very good. I like it a lot. It sends a strong message to them. I have also sent my own version to all them.

I have a coworker who recently purchased HTV2 and said it was good, more channels than tvpad and true HD. I am going to wait a bit, maybe after January 2016 to see if any respond from tvpad, hopefully received enough complaints to rescind their decision to abolish 1, 2, 3.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    edited December 2015
    That's definitely a good idea. Especially for the people that don't have elders that need entertainment during the day.

I would recommend this to most people if they can wait.

diyguy Wrote:
    . I am going to wait a bit, maybe after
    > January 2016 to see if any respond from tvpad,
    > hopefully received enough complaints to rescind
    > their decision to abolish 1, 2, 3.
  • dilo8dilo8 Junior Member
    edited December 2015
    sent my own version.