TVPad 3 - boots up and stays at the logo

rwny1rwny1 Junior Member
edited December 2015 in Legacy TVPad
Hello All,

I have the same issue as Piggy99 except that I have a TVPad3 instead of a TVPad2.

I wonder if there is any help available for a TVPad3 that stuck at the logo when it boots. I have no idea what to do. Does anyone have a suggestion for fixing it or loading a firmware via usb cable, etc?
I am willing to tear box apart if needed now that I got a paper weight.

Thank you,
Randy
NYC

Comments

• Nope, no one ever found an unbrick procedure for TVPad2/3 as far as I know.
    Thanked by 1rwny1
  • rwny1rwny1 Junior Member
    Thank you so much Phantoman. Great to see you are here on this forum too. Many thanks for all that you have done for the tvpad community. Really appreciate it. Have a happy new year.
  • Nope, no one ever found an unbrick procedure for TVPad2/3 as far as I know.
    Hey Phantoman. Nice to see you here. Used to follow you back on the clubtvpad days.

Question: How about unbricking a M121S? I have one sitting here that was bricked from the firmware upgrade (that I executed properly! :angry: ) many years ago. I believe it just keeps sitting on the logo.
  • Hello All,

I have the same issue as Piggy99 except that I have a TVPad3 instead of a TVPad2.

I wonder if there is any help available for a TVPad3 that stuck at the logo when it boots. I have no idea what to do. Does anyone have a suggestion for fixing it or loading a firmware via usb cable, etc?
    I am willing to tear box apart if needed now that I got a paper weight.

Thank you,
    Randy
    NYC
    There is usually two types of brick (HARD vs SOFT). SOFT brick can be fixed by accessing bootloader portion. HARD brick can be fixed by accessing JTAG interface. I personally never looked into TVPad that deep so I wouldn't know. But one thing I do know is it can be fixed using JTAG interface.
  • Question: How about unbricking a M121S? I have one sitting here that was bricked from the firmware upgrade (that I executed properly! :angry: ) many years ago. I believe it just keeps sitting on the logo.
    See http://tvpadtalk.ca/discussion/506/how-to-unbrick-your-tvpad1 . Good luck!