Calling all TVPad Users !

Comments

• OLD TVB subscriberOLD TVB subscriber Junior Member
    edited December 2015
    where do we send this email to?
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    edited December 2015
    Give me a couple of days to organize things please.

OLD TVB subscriber Wrote:
    > where do we send this email to?
  • OLD TVB subscriberOLD TVB subscriber Junior Member
    edited December 2015
    I expect TVB/Dish lawyers and technicians are reading this forum. I watched TVB program from Directv to FIOS. I switched to TVPAD last years and I don't want to go back not because of cost. TVPAD's VOD, other channels such as J2 contents are not found in any of the current authorized provider. TVB and TVPAD should reach an agreement and learn from the design of TVPAD.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    edited December 2015
    Of course they are. This site was the number 1 search result when you search for tvpad on google.

They had to cut of one the heads but little do they know this monster have infinite heads.

OLD TVB subscriber Wrote:
    > I expect TVB/Dish lawyers and technicians are
    > reading this forum. I watched TVB program from
    > Directv to FIOS. I switched to TVPAD last years
    > and I don't want to go back not because of cost.
    > TVPAD's VOD, other channels such as J2 contents
    > are not found in any of the current authorized
    > provider. TVB and TVPAD should reach an agreement
    > and learn from the design of TVPAD.
  • FNGFNG Junior Member
    edited December 2015
    I want to show my support. Did you open a facebook page for the TVpad1-3 issue?
  • PADFanPADFan Junior Member
    edited December 2015
    Let's investigate in Canada and US market -
    Age from 5 - 25 : 0 hours for ABC; no interest with all Chinese Channel. Most of time is game and school
    Age from 25 - 45: 1 hours a day. Work and social life.
    Age from 45- 65 : minimum 3 hours to max 5 hours. Mostly wife.
    Age from 65 - max: Yes 8 hours and more. Alone at home, nothing to do, Hope still memory.
  • BatmanBatman Junior Member
    edited December 2015
    For all the TVB traitors who is reading this right now, I hope you are happy for ruining so many people's daily lives. Most of them are old people, stay home house wives, poor students, etc. It's not because of the money, it's simply the freedom to enjoy public information which is free on the internet. For single out TVPAD will not stop your purpose of whatsoever.
    Because other brand of streaming devices are still kicking. So what have you accomplished? Nothing. You people are just ignorant, and have no compassion for thousands of people's lives you have interupted around the world. TVB should be thankful for gaining audience. Without them, you are nothing but just another Chinese channel nobody watches.
    By the way, most of us here don't care about TVPADS. The reason we are pissed because our parents, or grandparents are sad. So,TVB traitors who is reading this post. I'd bet you any amount of money that some of your friends, or relatives are hurting too somewhere around the globe. Touche'.
  • GeneraznXzGeneraznXz Member
    edited December 2015
    Mine stopped working after upgraded fw to 5.06 so I just called my credit card company and dispute the transaction and got my money back

ntp Wrote:
    > In fact, my borther-in-law has a TVpad 4 which is
    > not working after upgraded to 5.06. Call TVpad and
    > they promise to make a refund within 3 weeks, one
    > month is past and nothing happen.
    >
    > I have a TVpad 3 and I won't upgrade to 4 with a
    > fee. Period
    >
    > It's time to look for alternative or just VPN to
    > Hong Kong to watch TVB at its site.
  • NijiUserNijiUser Junior Member
    edited December 2015
    Is it TVB filing lawsuit against TV PAD, or Munhwa Broadcasting Corp (Korean)
  • greenteagreentea Junior Member
    edited December 2015
    I don't want to guess the purpose of such decision from Tvpad.
    I believe most brothers are already tired of this mess for last month and a half.
    If they do shut down our service, I will totally lost confidence on this product.
    I won't spend one more penny on any hardware upgrade to the version they still support since it's so easy for them to press a button for discontinue our service anytime.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    edited December 2015
    Both are suing

NijiUser Wrote:
    > Is it TVB filing lawsuit against TV PAD, or Munhwa
    > Broadcasting Corp (Korean)
  • LbeLbe Member
    edited December 2015
    PADFan Wrote:
    > Let's investigate in Canada and US market -
    > Age from 5 - 25 : 0 hours for ABC; no
    > interest with all Chinese Channel. Most of time is
    > game and school

My kids spend 3 hours daily to watch tvb drama and learn chinese. Without tvpad they would not even know how to speak chinese =[.
  • echeng2echeng2 Junior Member
    edited December 2015
    My kid spent a few hours each day to watch those Cantonese dramas. Actually she likes it so much that she asks us to yield the TV to her. Her Cantonese is better than most of her peers considering she is an ABC.

PADFan Wrote:
    > Let's investigate in Canada and US market -
    > Age from 5 - 25 : 0 hours for ABC; no
    > interest with all Chinese Channel. Most of time is
    > game and school
    > Age from 25 - 45: 1 hours a day. Work and social
    > life.
    > Age from 45- 65 : minimum 3 hours to max 5 hours.
    > Mostly wife.
    > Age from 65 - max: Yes 8 hours and more. Alone at
    > home, nothing to do, Hope still memory.
  • solodavid99solodavid99 Junior Member
    edited December 2015
    God dammit so TVpads dont work anymore? Hell, it's not even working right now as it is more or less Jan 1 2016. What people said are true! We dont even care if tvpad is down or not, but our parents are the ones that suffer. I can easily download/stream the tv drama I want to watch. However, our parents dont have the luxury to do that!! I'm pissed because I paid for this tvpad 3 with my own money as a gift to my parent. Why are you doing this to do? Mess up as is during chrismas
  • Orca4wdOrca4wd Member
    edited December 2015
    Dear Padman -

Firstly, thank you for all your help in continue to keep our devices rolling. I am all in regards to blasting their mailbox with emails! Please keep us inform as to the exact email address and when you want to initiate this plan of action. I for one will not pay a penny to their dishonest business practice.
  • amdferrariamdferrari Junior Member
    edited December 2015
    waiting till all done so we can sue the TVPAD official soon
  • FishmamaFishmama Junior Member
    edited December 2015
    DNS 123.127.108.135 ceased working on my TVPAD2 as of Dec. 18 2015 around 18:00 Pacific time
  • greenteagreentea Junior Member
    edited December 2015
    Right from the beginning, we should understand this product was not something legal.
    I really don't believe they will care about our concerns or opinion at all.
    $$$ is the only matter they care.

As Padman suggested, we should let all our friends and family act together, not upgrading or do any new purchases.
    Hope it would send a more strong message to them.
  • diyguydiyguy Junior Member
    edited December 2015
    If you think more about it, they could care or less if we boycott the upgrade. Once the tvpadb unit is sold, they don't get any more revenue. There is no subscription fee to pay in order to watch the tvpad programs. It is a one time deal and they don't get further income. The only way to generate more income is to get customer buy their newer products. I know eventually this will happen, from a business point of view.

Look at companies like Microsoft, they stop supporting Windows 95, 98, vista, 2000 etc. , you name it That is how they can be sure they will continue to get income to support their existence. To them, those who own tvpad1, 2, 3 are no longer their customers. What might truly affect them is their reputation because now people are pissed and refuse to upgrade. What i see a better outcome would be for tvpad to charge a minimal monthly fee to use Tvpad, a fee such as $10 a month, so they can continue to have income to support their operation. And for us, we rather pay $10 than to DISH or the cable conpany as tvpad is so much better.
  • Blakec010Blakec010 Junior Member
    edited December 2015
    From what I have been able to get from reading the court decision, TVPad in its current format is screwed. Whether you upgrade to TVPad 4 or not there is still an injunction preventing the distribution of any "Pirated" media. This means that unless TVPad has reached some kind of licensing agreements with the media suppliers, they cannot redistribute the programming. Or am I missing something?