How to setup a VPN connection tutorial video

2»

Comments

• klee33nyklee33ny Junior Member
    edited December 2015
    hi padman,

thanks very much for answering my post. i now can watch tv streams using paid dns server and private vpn on my tvpad3. i am currently hosting my web server too at my location where i can watch tvpad whenever i got a break and i don't know which way (paid dns server or private vpn) is best for me? if your answer is paid dns, i will have to move my existing dns service (serviced by other company) to the piad dns server serviced by directhosting. if your answer is the private vpn, i am assuming that my web hosting will have to be brought down temporarily whenever i am watching tv streams and there is no way for me to get around dual purposes configuration (web hosting and watch tvpad with vpn) over ONE Internet cable.

thanks in advance if you have other ideas.

klee33ny
  • longmarchlongmarch Junior Member
    edited December 2015
    Hi Padman,

I signed up for PrivateInternetAccess VPN service. I setup using OpenVPN method on my DD-WRT router. All my devices laptop and tablets are showing up with Hong Kong IP. However, I still get the "Server: (Error Code: -1) on network check. Also I still can't watch any live TV. I am using TVpad 3.

Please, let me know if I did something wrong or suggestions. Thanks!!!
  • klee33nyklee33ny Junior Member
    edited December 2015
    Hi Padman,

well i did all these (used ddwrt and made it router1 and took my router1 to become router2) and i am very happy now.
    the pain is i have to re-program router1 (now is runnin on ddwrt) and switch router1 (originally, now becomes router2) which didn't work at position router2 for vpn. all other computers/cameras/remote controlled switches were also affected by this change.

i now can host my web server and at the same time i can watch tv shows.

i saved some $. but the speed on watching tv shows isn't that great. it is slower than the paid dns configuration.