iPlayer i5

remyremy Junior Member
edited December 2015 in Other IPTV Streaming Device
does anyone know how to reset this box? it's been stuck at the startup screen for 2 weeks now.

thanks
rem
Post edited by remy on

Comments

• 535four535four Member
    edited November 2015
    you'll need to re-flash the firmware to make it work.
  • remyremy Junior Member
    edited November 2015
    thanks for looking at this post. is it hard to re-flash the firmware? can you share with me how it's done?
  • link6446link6446 Junior Member
    edited November 2015
    Is not hard to re flash, you can Google how to do it.
  • 535four535four Member
    edited November 2015
    You'll need a firmware, load it to formatted FAT SD card, not USB, insert it and power up, it loads automatically.

here's a download link:

http://www.phoneunlock.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=177
  • remyremy Junior Member
    edited November 2015
    @535four

i downloaded the firmware and followed the instructions with a FAT SD card but to no avail. It will not load; the screen is still stuck at the startup page. i'm guessing that this is now a dead box
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    edited November 2015
    I'm going to grab a i5 shortly. I'll let you know if I could do anything with it :)-D

remy Wrote:
    > @535four
    >
    > i downloaded the firmware and followed the
    > instructions with a FAT SD card but to no avail.
    > It will not load; the screen is still stuck at the
    > startup page. i'm guessing that this is now a dead
    > box
  • 535four535four Member
    edited November 2015
    It's pretty easy and will takes about 10 mins to finished,
    Just put the firmwareinstll folder on SD card and reboot. Are you sure you have the iPlayer v5 version not v3?
  • 535four535four Member
    edited November 2015
    padman Wrote:
    > I'm going to grab a i5 shortly. I'll let you know
    > if I could do anything with it :)-D
    >

iPlayer i5 is hard to get, not even on eBay or Amazon :( but they selling in China

http://www.iplayer.pro/h-pd-6.html
  • remyremy Junior Member
    edited November 2015
    545four,

there's nothing on the player that tells me what i have but the box i received the player in does say iplayer-i5. then something in chinese followed by 4.2.1. i wish i can read.
  • 535four535four Member
    edited November 2015
    Ok, then you have a i5 for sure, it shoud be a simple thing to fix, I did it so many times when it hangs, it's the boot loader damage.

First, if you have downloaded the Firmware is a zip file, unzipped it to your desktop so its easy to find, just copy and paste the whole folder " FirmwareInstll " to SD card, do not open it, then insert SD card to the slot and power up the iplayer see if you can get anything, if your file is good it should be good to go. Good Luck!

Or download it from the main site http://www.iplayer.pro/h-col-306.html

If you don't read Chinese, just right click the the words with underline "to save target as" to save the file, it's slow but it's OK. you will see it where to click by use your mouse to move around, it's just abve the FirmwareInstall.
  • remyremy Junior Member
    edited November 2015
    535four,

This WORKED out this time. I must have downloaded the wrong firmware originally.

Thank You Very Much! :)-D
  • 535four535four Member
    edited December 2015
    You're quite welcome, I'm glad it worked out for you.