How to root the TVPad1 m120/m121/m121s

124»

Comments

• edited January 2016
    Good to see you here, Phantoman!
    I kept wondering what happened to you. I didn't look at clubtvpad for a long time and it was gone when I looked. I was that guy that works with embedded firmware and qt but never actually contributed to any hacking effort. I wasn't the mole though. I still work on the picture frame firmware here in SoCal.
    Ah yeah, I remember you now :)
    Edit again: Did someone eventually make more progress with the xbmc/kodi port to tvpad1?
    Nah, I never managed to get the source code for the TVPad framebuffer device to move things any further. The most I managed was my TMP app. So hopefully now that the whole world has root access to their TVPad1/2/3 devices someone can figure it out. And if they do, let's hope they share it with the community for free. I'm afraid many out there don't have the same ideals as the hackers of the past :)
    Thanked by 1tvbolon
  • SNHKSNHK Junior Member
    I doubt we'll ever get kodi/xbmc on TVPAD 1/2/3 as they are based on a armv6 architecture. Kodi/XBMC supports armv7.
  • cyberguerillacyberguerilla Junior Member
    edited August 2016
    I'd love to get any OS that I actually have full control (even if I don't get a GUI) on these old TVPads so they can function somewhat as a regular computer (even a dedicated Apache or print server will do)! I assume it can still do more than a Rasberry Pi? Can anyone kindly share what can be done, or cannot be done with these devices (save for running phanto.pkg, TMP etc.). I hate to see bricks lying around.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @cyberguerilla You can install the phantoapp on the old tvpads and still watch stuff withi t
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    Because Mr.Phantoman are completely retire so for Tvpad 1,2,3' S people only watch the old grandpa stage thing now :o B)

• it would be good to change these boxes into a basic android box so they can be useful again..and maybe put Plex on them so we can use them to stream stuff to it