UBOX S800 and UBVOD TV

2»

Comments

• What windows version did you have? perhaps try Windows 7 if you have.

• 535four535four Member
    edited February 2022

If you guys want a live stream app with tv* channels, you may try this app I uploaded there.

星火直播海外版

https://tvpad.ca/discussion/1650/streaming-apps-for-android-boxes#latest

• i believe what the problem is that u will need to get into your "Router Settings" and Manually change your DNS. Thats what i did, and both my Ubox are working fine. just using the DNS App in Ubox is really not gonna work. Many countries are blocking the Ubox access.

so whatever brand of "Router" that u have, do search through the manual or google search the router model to manually get into the settings page to change the DNS Server.

then u wont have to worry ever again.

Cheer's!!

• Good news guys, l have got the 2 live apps working again. Maybe Yam96 is more interested in it than others. One job done, another to go I think: the one that failed the flashing attempts, could not complete the flash process, stopped at the 20% marks. Any ideas folks?

• Thanks 535four and cash for the advice, it is nice to see those old faces from the good old TVPAD days again. Router could be for the long term but, there's so far no problem in UK just yet. As a matter of fact, the UB Live apps problem was down to the Unblock tech side. It was very nice of them that they fixed it for my old box.

• Hi 535four, I did use Windows 7 to burn it on 3 separate micro SD cards, 1 for firmware 126, 2 for 808 and all of them worked with the one that was revived. However, all of them failed to do anything with the other box, apart from showing a 20% load and stucked there forever. Patience is the key I suppose, I will try to burn it again with a fourth card and try it on this one to see how it go. As I have 2 other working newer versions of Ubox, fiddling with these 2 S800 boxes is just for revitalizing my old brain only.

• Hi, Guys. Before new box is come I just flashed S800 with S900 firmware image. First try was beautiful all channels I can watch, movie show was no sluggish, no freezing. On second try it was stopped with a half screen size of long error code text. Looks like I was trapped in the MAC address blocking staff.

This time I didn’t do anything rather contact UNBLOCK TECH, send an error code screen shot and explained why I did it, what version of firmware is updated with. About 10 hours after fist contact, I received “3 hand shaking of emojis”. Means my Box is hand shaked with the provider ???  Switched TV on, no more blocking……!!! Thank you UNBLOCK TECH technician.

[……失敗]error: this is just my guess but, new LiveTV app is implemented with the location check where you are watching from? If Ubox time setting is not matched with your actual location where you are at, will raise an alarm and stop download data?

• Well done Yam96, you are one of the lucky Ubox S800 owners. Good job you did flash your set with S900 firmware before you contacted Unblocktech otherwise knowing your box is a very old version one they probably would not entertain you at all. They refused my request many years ago for that matter. Surprised as it was to me, this time the customer service together with its software department were quick to respond my UB Live blocking problem a couple of days ago, same problem as yours, solved it within an hour, although it involved a few uploading and downloading , nevertheless, problem solved . I must say they are very polite, with a lot of patience and very efficient, for that they deserve my highly praise.

• As I'd mention years ago, they're the best and I was disagree padman's rating he gave a D of it. Now all the boxes he mentions was gone with the wind. 😥

I actually bought a EVPad i7 tablet 3 years ago, with their updates recently, LIVE app is not working no more and I contacted them for this issue, they say my box was too old needed to buy another one, I said F**k, what requirement that you guys need? the tablet is Android 7.0? they didn't answer and ignore me hung up.

So fare, the best investment is the UBOX brand. Just my 2 cents.😉

• Burned a fourth micro card and tried it on again yielding the same result: stopped at the 20% mark. Using a 5V 2A power source made no difference. Solution, solution?

• sleeslee Just Watchin`

@willingtolearn @535four @yam96 Thanks for keep us in the loop. My S800 Ubox is still not working and it sounds like I need to flash the S900 firmware to it. Please can you point me to the S900 firmware download and how/what I need to flash it? Many Thanks.

• c/p from member killer23d

THIS IS AN EXPERIMENT, YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN ON THIS

I just got this box to replace my in-laws dead TVPad2. As everything technology, I always evaluate them before I pass it along. I received my S800 Plus Oversea from an eBay reseller from Shenzhen and I suspected the device might have been modified as I was not able to load the UB Market after numerous resets and testings.

Since I am reading some conflicting info from Unblock Tech FB page and here about UB Market is breaking and needed to use the APKHelperH3 app... long story short, I decided to restore the factory firmware because I am an Android geek and I always played with my devices.

S800 uses an Allwinner H3 CPU, thus any tools designed fro Allwinner such as the Orange Pi will be quite compatible to it.

This is the Baidu Pan from UB FB page http://pan.baidu.com/share/home?uk=2654569005#category/type=0

I downloaded the S800-160127-s.img because it is consistent with the file naming structure from the support requests on their FB page. https://www.facebook.com/hkunblocktech/?fref=nf

The next tool is Phoenixcard, it is a utility to burn the IMG to a Micro SD card. The SD card will be needed to re-write the firmware to the box. I ran the Phoenixcard tool, selected the drive letter, chose the IMG file, clicked on the "Product" radio button and "BURN". The SD card was burned within 5 minutes.

This is the steps I took to write the firmware:

- Unplug the power cable

- Insert Micro SD card

- Plug the power cable

- Watch the progress bar on the TV until "Card OK" shown and box shuts down

- Unplug the power cable

- Plug the power cable

The box will go through the first boot sequence with Unblock logo shown for a few minutes, I was then presented the languages and immediately I was asked to update one of the program. UB Market works and I can use a few of the apps to look at TVB Pearl shows.

Looking at the About screen, it still says S800 Overseas.

To be fair, I am not sure if UB fixed their stuff or my method works, either way, I am happy I have a clean factory box to play with.

I am also happy I found a method to "restore" the device if I screwed it up as I am going to root the box so that I can remote into it.

Resources on my drive: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=E48F81EF74C1A10C!142&authkey=!AKoCUI8tA4JJV10&ithint=folder,

File Mirror:

h3-anbo-s800-20160325-s: https://mega.nz/#!ORsFTLZC!JY9qhTQ0bmf1KQwpwQ91OmTP9eO36oQvY8y4RlAnVE4

Phoenix Card: https://mega.nz/#!GB0TxZbb!8Ibl53PkMV9J__vh2JbVfLCS6hOHDWBdtZzcwmYUmf0

S900 firmware

https://mega.nz/file/1MQlCIjA#Skwueja1Ye1lEvo-G976L8fOLj15-LOaEmwnT86II

Thanked by 1slee
  • sleeslee Just Watchin`

Thank you very much @535four to put together such detailed reply. I will read through everything and digest them first. Thanks again and much appreciated.

• 535four535four Member
    edited March 2022

Actually, you don't need to re-flash the firmware to make it work. I just contact the UB tech for this issue, it's working again. WhatsApp them +85251694314, they solved the problem fast. Don't worry your old box, they'll do it.

Like what'd I say: They're the best!!

Thanked by 1slee
  • sleeslee Just Watchin`
    edited March 2022

Thank you @535four . I haven't flash the firmware yet because my mom has not feeling well in the lase couple weeks and I need to take care of her. I left a message to them in this page yesterday https://www.unblocktech.com/en/about/80.html and I received an email from them today requesting picture/video of the issue. I just replied back to them with pictures showing fail to connect to the server, the back of my UBOX showing the S/N and MAC address, as well as a picture of the UBOX network setting showing the MAC. I hope they can fix the issue for me. Once again, many thanks for your helps.

Post edited by slee on
  • 535four535four Member
    edited March 2022

Sorry to heard your love one didn't got well, hopefully she will get well soon, bless...

For your box, I think they will send you a 8 digit code and instructions when it's ready and when you open the app it will ask you to enter the code to log in and all set.

But somehow the new app "UPTV" replaced "UBTV" still getting Log in failed but who need 2 live stream apps :)

Good Luck!

• sleeslee Just Watchin`

@535four Thank you very much. I will give up fixing the UBOX for the time being, I called 911 ambulance yesterday morning for my mom and she almost need to stay in the hospital.....

• 535four535four Member
    edited March 2022

OH no, I hope it's not COVID, may God bless her.

• sleeslee Just Watchin`
    edited March 2022

Thank you, not COVID, mom and I had all 3 shots already. UTI and very serious side effects from Amoxicillin. I need to be very careful and do the best I can, she is 92 year old ....

• Oh wow...I gust you and your family took good care of her. Well gone slee.👊

Thanked by 1slee