TVPAD2

Doctor_BalancedDoctor_Balanced Junior Member
edited November 2015 in Legacy TVPad
Hi guys,

I have TVPAD2 M121S running on 3.26 firmware and I'm getting the user does not exist error

Do I need to update the firmware to get it working? I've tried putting in DNS: 49.213.10.163 and other dns numbers as well but it is not working.

Do i need to change the IP address and other settings?

Thanks
Post edited by Doctor_Balanced on

Comments

• Almighty1Almighty1 Member
    edited November 2015
    First of all, the M121S is a TVPad1, the M233 is a TVPad2. There is no firmware update as 3.26 was a workaround for the M121S so it can use more apps. The DNS is not the issue but rather, you need to be coming from a IP from outside the US or any country that isn't banned using a VPN tunnel so your connection would appear as originating from the VPN Servers assigned IP address to bypass the restriction unless the MAC address was banned.
  • Doctor_BalancedDoctor_Balanced Junior Member
    edited November 2015
    Thanks for your info.

I'm from NZ, from what you are describing, sounds like there are a lot more to do than just changing the DNS.
  • Almighty1Almighty1 Member
    edited November 2015
    Doctor_Balanced Wrote:
    > Thanks for your info.
    >
    > I'm from NZ, from what you are describing, sounds
    > like there are a lot more to do than just changing
    > the DNS.

You're in New Zealand so you shouldn't even need the VPN part other than changing the DNS as I think only people in the U.S. and Canada needs to use a VPN even though what's weird is there are people in the U.S. who use a Canada VPN and it works.
  • AresROCAresROC Junior Member
    edited November 2015
    TvPad1 requires authentication server to activate. It has not being running (intentional or not) for days with or without VPN.

TvPad4 requires a VPN to work in US, which is not a feasible solution for most.
    edited November 2015
    So all tvpad1s don't work?
  • SomebodySomebody Junior Member
    edited November 2015
    M121s back up and running with auto DNS. I'm in Europe.
    edited November 2015
    -- moved topic --
  • kenneth5999kenneth5999 Junior Member
    edited November 2015
    I live in Caribbean. Changing the DNS put my TVpad1 + TVpad2 working again. (green man).