Ubox3 wireless issue causing box malfunction

I have a Ubox3 which always worked with wireless connection until two days ago. I couldn't watch anything or download any app. Box is paralysed except showing icons. The problem persists even the box is placed next to the wireless router. My phone's wireless signal is strong. That means router is fine.

So I switched to Ethernet connection and everything is working again. My conclusion: wireless adapter in Ubox dying, but not completely dead. Even on power, up it shows a message, which never appeared before, about connection issue, but message quickly disappeared and wireless connection was complete. This is an indication that wireless adapter in ubox is having issue.

I suspect that many people with Ubox problem should test with Ethernet connection. That will save a lot of time re-installing apps. It's not uncommon that on-board wireless adapter has a short life. That happened to one of my PC's in the past.

I suppose there is nothing one could do. Repair cost not worth it.

Comments

• FIVE354FIVE354 Junior Member

try turn wifi off and on couple of times might work.

• Did try that already. No luck.

If you have all the apps on hand, you may do a factory reset.

• I did do a factory reset via Setting while in wireless mode. When clicked reset, I got the message: "You are currently signed into the following account : SohoPushSDK". Never had this account.

Upon clicking reset, I was asked for pin and then password. That's the end of the reset attempt.

Nevertheless I did a reset with the pin at the back of UBox, then reinstalled apps. Now working in wired mode but not wireless. As I said before, the wireless chip inside the box is dying. The chip is XR819. Not being an electronic geek, I know nothing about it. Perhaps some guru can comment on its reliability.

One thing I also noticed after Ubox was behaving funny. The app Winlauncher went missing. I re-installed, but didn't help. I had another Ubox and Winlauncher also went missing at one stage. Re-installing it fixed up the issue of failing to download and install apps. Why did it go missing? I don't know.

Well. as long as it's working on LAN, it's better not working at all, UBOX3 is a 4 years old machine, you cannot expected it more 😔, I have a Minix x8-h have same wifi issue as yours after 2 years of usage, now I connected with LAN all the time.

I heard they only let you updated the apps from UBOX4 and up after they moved their server. Good thing was I have all the apps on hand just in case.

• Actually I could download the apps. I didn't have them saved.