HTV3 firmware update erased the subscription codes for the APPS

edited July 2019 in HTV IPTV Box

I have trawled many discussion boards to find the subscription code for the services/APPS included in the HomeTV3 IPTV TVBOX for sometime now.

Can someone please confirm that there is NO subscription fee for the HOMETV 3 IP TVBOX. Because my parents bought the homeTV3 from a vendor without additional payment for the included APPS.

It is my own fault that I am introduced to my parent's HomeTV 3. Now I am desperate to return their homeTV3 in working order.

You see my parents are avid fans of mainland TV series, since the purchase of hometv3 many years ago. For some unknown wisdom, I decided to update the firmware one day while being bored & curious to see what updates/features are in the updated firmware. In my humble opinion, it is not worth the effort if you care to continue reading..

The update was a success and after a factory reset (wtf right?) the humble TVBOX rebooted and works well. Expect the "included" APPS greeted me with EC-3 error which I figured was some region lock (based your IP geo-location) & requested for a subscription code. SHOCK HORROR! The "subscription code" for the popular APPS were erased by the update.

Newtube

WonderVision

YuePlayback

And the other APKs

I also installed & tested the APKs on my andriod based OS. Frustratingly, it gives me the same error. I would also appreciate if anyone knows how unlock the Spanish APKs.

Thanking you net citizens for any lead and help in advance.

谢谢大家的建议和帮助!

Post edited by padman on
Thanked by 1Horses_11

Comments

• padmanpadman Moderator

Supposedly free streaming for htv3 is ending soon. You will need to purchase a subscription.

HTV3 is also 3 years old, so the hardware is dated.

• edited July 2019

Hello Padman!

High 5 for the reply.

When does the subscription that come with the HomeTV3 allegedly expire ?

I am building a PC with andriod os (PrimeOS) to replace the inadequate homeTV3 and for my parents to stay in touch by emails/FB messenger.

I am weary about sending payment to an unknown streaming service provider.

Post edited by padman on
  • padmanpadman Moderator

It's supposed to be 5 years of service. But they cut down to 3?

Can't really trust chinese companies.

• MmmaruMmmaru Junior Member

2 years now per the person that I emailed.