Looking for help with an old box

edited January 2019 in HTV IPTV Box
Hello all,

I recently discovered an h.tv box that somebody else in my apartment building had put out to the trash. I restored it, set it for English and it appears that I upgraded everything as far as it could go. I don't have the remote control, so I'm using a 2.4GHz wireless mouse to control it. I like it.
Even though it has its quirks, it runs like a champ.
In the setting page it says:, Model Number: HTV BOX HTV (II). Android Version: 4.2.2. Build Number: SW-100112 2018-05-11 10:08:22. I'm guessing that the last software released for this unit was May 11th, 2018 or November 5th, 2018. Inside the Android settings page, at the bottom it says "About MediaBox".

The live TV playback software installed on it is Extraordinary TV V8.12.2. I couldn't help but notice that some of the channels are mislabeled.

33 - Disney XD is mislabeled as Nickelodeon.
37 - Eve is mislabeled as Travel HD.
39 - DW German programming is mislabeled as Life Style.
40 - Error EC-12 NON FUNCTIONAL
44 - DMAX , Owned by Discovery Communications, mislabeled as Qiusuo Documentary
65 - BBC Earth mislabeled as BBC Entertainment
121 - ViuTVsix mislabeled as Three Legislative Internal

Any additional info I can get about this device would be greatly aooreciated.

Best Regards,
Bill N.
Brooklyn, NY
Post edited by padman on

Comments

• padmanpadman Moderator
    What exactly do you need help with ?

• What exactly do you need help with ?

I wanted to know if anybody else with the same software (Extraordinary TV V8.12.2) is experiencing the same mislabeled channels... Also , does a version of Extraordinary TV above 8.12.2 exist? Perhaps if I could upgrade the software, the mislabeling would disappear.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    There's nothing you can do.
    What exactly do you need help with ?

I wanted to know if anybody else with the same software (Extraordinary TV V8.12.2) is experiencing the same mislabeled channels... Also , does a version of Extraordinary TV above 8.12.2 exist? Perhaps if I could upgrade the software, the mislabeling would disappear.