Ubox3 does not turn on

2»

Comments

• Hi Cash, there maybe a slightly confusion about my expression of the word relocation. I was using the same HDMI and Ethernet cable that were connecting to the same TV with the box during the reflash process and because I had to move the Box a little bit away from the TV for testing purposes, I needed to plug in the power supply to a different socket for convenience. After the job was done, I unplugged it and relocated the adaptor to its original socket. The disruption of the power supply resulting the Box bricked again, just exactly like what had happened before. I need to restart the whole process again hoping it will work second time.
  • Here's an idea what will it do when reflashing an image on Ubox 2.
  • The main page I got when it was back to life after numerous times of re-flashed of the firmware was a bite different from your image but very similar to the Gen 5 1900 one and when I looked into the setting it showed the box's model S900 instead the original S800. There is no way I could see the rest of the details again as it is now bricked. I have spent the whole day on and off trying to make work again but no joy so far, it is all down to luck now.
  • The firmware I used was S800-160808.img
  • Or perhaps I should done a factory reset after it came back to life in case there was still something wrong in itself, may be a factory reset could have rectified the fault.
  • The firmware I used was S800-160808.img
    This is actually a upgaded s800, it will show as s900 after loaded, the s900 that I uploaded is for ubox 4, it will not work on ubox2.
    The main page looks different because that was a newer UBlauncher that similar to the new box, you can load the newer Launcher on any of ubox.
  • Hi 535Four, in that case I will not try with your uploaded one but concentrating all my efforts with those for S800 boxes. Thank you all the same.
  • Hi 535Four, in that case I will not try with your uploaded one but concentrating all my efforts with those for S800 boxes. Thank you all the same.
    Yea..good luck!
  • Dear all boss. Did u guys use UBOX3 version. Mine unit facing resistor burn after check the board. Did u guys know how many oms for the said resistor? RE203, RE204, RE210 & RE211... tqvm
  • FIVE354FIVE354 Junior Member
    Check the color code it tells you the oms value.
    https://www.electronicsclub.info/resistors.htm#calculator
  • Dear FIVE354
    the resistor is surface mount type, no color code can check.