粵繽紛 crashing : any suggestion to fix?

Hi all,
I have not posted for a while. Hope everybody is well.
I have been using HTV A2 for over a year without any problem.
But starting 2 days ago, 粵繽紛 on my box keep crashing.
The app tried to connect to the app's home screen (the content menu), and a spinner shows up with message 'please wait', then the app crashed.
Have anybody observed similar behavior?

Also, does anybody have any suggestion to fix?

Note: I have uninstalled and re-installed this app; not able to fix

Comments

• I think these boxes was history, most boxes last not more than 2 to 3 years excepted Unblock tech but who knows.
  • thanks @535four . I shall look into Unblock.
    But on the A2, it seems that the issue on the 粵繽紛 app on my A2 box is now related to the problems discussed on this thread:
    my https://tvpad.ca/discussion/1567/htv-5-a2-vod-apps-not-working#latest

I re-checked this morning, the 粵繽紛 app no longer crashes, but
    1) all VOD tiles listed no longer display image
    2) attempt to play any VOD eposide from any drama will invoke the 'ERC - 12 error, contact reseller' message.

I shall look into Ublock Tech boxes and see if it is worth a shot of my money.
  • MmmaruMmmaru Junior Member
    thanks @535four . I shall look into Unblock.
    But on the A2, it seems that the issue on the 粵繽紛 app on my A2 box is now related to the problems discussed on this thread:
    my https://tvpad.ca/discussion/1567/htv-5-a2-vod-apps-not-working#latest

I re-checked this morning, the 粵繽紛 app no longer crashes, but
    1) all VOD tiles listed no longer display image
    2) attempt to play any VOD eposide from any drama will invoke the 'ERC - 12 error, contact reseller' message.

I shall look into Ublock Tech boxes and see if it is worth a shot of my money.
    Can you wait a bit? Most are experiencing issues with their recent update. Your box is newer than others so if anything, I would think yours is still supported. I wouldn't invest in another box until you know for sure it's dead. Can you side load RSS player for now to watch vod?
  • @Mmmaru :
    Thanks for suggestion.
    Yes. I intend to wait a bit to see what happens.

My A2 box is actually functioning well, even apps like 鲜橙電視 and 粤回看 are still working.
    The only app not working at this moment is 粵繽紛;

I will follow suggestion to side load RSS player and let you guys know how it works. I am sure that can be a temporary solution for my family to catch up on Cantonese dramas.
  • @Mmmaru :
    Thanks for suggestion.

My A2 box is actually functioning well, even apps like 鲜橙電視 and 粤回看 are still working.

I will follow suggestion to side load RSS player and let you guys know how it works. I am sure that can be a temporary solution for my family to catch up on Cantonese dramas.
    this is better than rss player. all your vod needs.

今日影视 - TVB, China, English Dramas & Movies VOD
    https://mega.nz/#!4aZjHQpA!8m5CBNLEKERTW0On_SAQYKtqzu7NWHyFYFFneYFW3oM
  • @Mmmaru :
    Thanks for suggestion.

Yep...This is the best VOD I've ever tested even better than the paid app. You have had mentioned it and uploaded at lease 3 times here with this app, seem like no one ever give it's feedback I think I did :). And some folks here too lazy to look around that it was wasted your efforts..Lol....
    Thanked by 1tylerlee
    @Mmmaru :
    Thanks for suggestion.

Yep...This is the best VOD I've ever tested even better than the paid app. You have had mentioned it and uploaded at lease 3 times here with this app, seem like no one ever give it's feedback I think I did :). And some folks here too lazy to look around that it was wasted your efforts..Lol....
    Oh definitely appreciate the suggestion. Does this force you to watch any ads?
  • 535four535four Member
    edited October 2018
    @Mmmaru :
    Thanks for suggestion.

Oh definitely appreciate the suggestion. Does this force you to watch any ads?
    Believed it or not, no ads and lighting fast. And, you should hit tylerlee's thanks button...
    Thanked by 1Mmmaru
  • fustratedfustrated TV Nuts
    edited October 2018
    @tylerlee :
    Thanks for your recommendation.
    I installed it on my computer using bluestacks for trial run.
    Yes. The VODs are of high quality and very very fast.
    Awesome.
    Post edited by fustrated on
  • Report back:
    粵繽紛 is now back on line.
    @tylerlee : I installed 今日影视 on the A2 box. It really worked well. The quality of VOD is almost the same as those from 粵繽紛
    Nice app as backup.
    Much appreciated.
  • coolwing99coolwing99 Junior Member
    Interestingly enough I sideloaded rss player on A2 and can never get any videos to play, it would just spin forever. But it works on the HTV3. Same version same url.

Will definitely try tylerlee suggestion thanks!
    Interestingly enough I sideloaded rss player on A2 and can never get any videos to play, it would just spin forever. But it works on the HTV3. Same version same url.

Will definitely try tylerlee suggestion thanks!
    Do you need a app to side load the apps?
  • 首先感謝兄弟sharetylerlee 分享,回上Mmmaru貼,你下載到usb ,找一個文件管理器,htv5 應用下載有,之後就用到。
    首先感謝兄弟sharetylerlee 分享,回上Mmmaru貼,你下載到usb ,找一個文件管理器,htv5 應用下載有,之後就用到。
    Thank you
    All, the vod apps updated and now works.