Please advise on old HTV2 box - how to

Hi, I am new here. I have an old HTV.2 box (not the A2) but the original version 2 box. I accidentally messed up (deleted) something using my file manager (very old style) that came with the HTV.2 box to make way for some space. Now the VOD (chinese and cantonese) do not work anymore. Opening the app and choosing any page will cause the VOD app to shut down and throw back to the menu. I cant get the HTV store to load any VOD app. It just failed everytime. I copied a new VOD apk to the USB. However, i just cant make the box to load it. Opening the browser went to google, opening the file manager I can get to the APK but clicking OK on the remote just put a select tick on the APK. Anyone know how i can load the apk? Sorry this message is so lengthy, just want to give a full description.

Any help appreciated. Thanks all. Newbie on Android.

Comments

• Hi, I am new here. I have an old HTV.2 box (not the A2) but the original version 2 box. I accidentally messed up (deleted) something using my file manager (very old style) that came with the HTV.2 box to make way for some space. Now the VOD (chinese and cantonese) do not work anymore. Opening the app and choosing any page will cause the VOD app to shut down and throw back to the menu. I cant get the HTV store to load any VOD app. It just failed everytime. I copied a new VOD apk to the USB. However, i just cant make the box to load it. Opening the browser went to google, opening the file manager I can get to the APK but clicking OK on the remote just put a select tick on the APK. Anyone know how i can load the apk? Sorry this message is so lengthy, just want to give a full description.

On file manager, unchecked the the top left button which have 2 checks and
    dot under, then click on the file to install.
  • Those 2 apps has been updated, and they stopped working from after the update. Did you buy you box from a authorized reseller? I got mine on ebay, and it is having the issue. My dad got his in a local store and his HTV2 is working flawlessly. All live app and VOD is working. I keep thinking our mac addresses are on list that has not been approved on the server. Took over 1 month for my box to work right after chinese new years.

Also for live channels download the updated chinese TV app. all the live channels are there now. hk, taiwan, china.
  • Hi, I am new here. I have an old HTV.2 box (not the A2) but the original version 2 box. I accidentally messed up (deleted) something using my file manager (very old style) that came with the HTV.2 box to make way for some space. Now the VOD (chinese and cantonese) do not work anymore. Opening the app and choosing any page will cause the VOD app to shut down and throw back to the menu. I cant get the HTV store to load any VOD app. It just failed everytime. I copied a new VOD apk to the USB. However, i just cant make the box to load it. Opening the browser went to google, opening the file manager I can get to the APK but clicking OK on the remote just put a select tick on the APK. Anyone know how i can load the apk? Sorry this message is so lengthy, just want to give a full description.

On file manager, unchecked the the top left button which have 2 checks and
    dot under, then click on the file to install.
    Thank you so much. I connected a USB mouse and did what you instructed. Loaded the Chinese VOD apk. The app opened, however, I got the EA-2 Access failed, please try again. Well, I guess I have to get the new A3 box since I have no idea what that means.

Do appreciate your help. Cheers to all.