Difficulty Accessing UBTV - Australia

13»

Comments

• edited October 2018
    I heard 15 boxes has been blocked on tvb news but they didn't mention what brand, mostly is the most popular brands.
    Just wondering whether these brands will create a new domain

I believed not for awhile.. VPN is a way to go for now.
    Tried using expressvpn on my Gen 2 Ubox but it was not able to connect at all.
    Maybe it is not supported by my ISP.
    I hope they will do it asap as they will loose out in the market
    Why don't you rooted the box and install China Tunnel, it's automatic turns on when every time you turn on the box and it's free.
    i tried launching China Tunnel without rooting the ubox 2. it says removed from whitelist when i tried to turn it on.
    Second, I dunno know how to root and lets say if successful, 1) is this box okay for any future updates, 2) not sure it will be compliant with my ISP provider.

we already told u what needs to be done to use the box again. if u don't want to follow through, there is nothing else to talk about. ubox2 is 3 - 4 years old. what else can u lose?
  • wsthongwsthong Just Watchin`
    I heard 15 boxes has been blocked on tvb news but they didn't mention what brand, mostly is the most popular brands.

Why don't you rooted the box and install China Tunnel, it's automatic turns on when every time you turn on the box and it's free.
    i tried launching China Tunnel without rooting the ubox 2. it says removed from whitelist when i tried to turn it on.
    Second, I dunno know how to root and lets say if successful, 1) is this box okay for any future updates, 2) not sure it will be compliant with my ISP provider.

we already told u what needs to be done to use the box again. if u don't want to follow through, there is nothing else to talk about. ubox2 is 3 - 4 years old. what else can u lose?
    Very true. Thank you for your wisdom
  • I heard 15 boxes has been blocked on tvb news but they didn't mention what brand, mostly is the most popular brands.

I'm glad you stepped in bro. lol...
  • wsthongwsthong Just Watchin`

I'm glad you stepped in bro. lol...
    LOL
  • Hi guys the government issued an order to all ISP in Australia to block all TVB related boxes on their default ISP DNS. Change the DNS to Google DNS it will work
  • I just put in Turbo VPN. What do you mean by root the box? And is China Tunnel in the Google Play Store?
    what generation box are u using? google "how to root ubox" or ask mr. ubox @535four on here lol. install china tunnel from the play store after u rooted the box. it's free.
    Sure...lol..
    How can we root the box 2
    Use Kingo root, either Windows version or scroll down and download the Android version you want. After rooted, install China Tunnel VPN.
    https://www.kingoapp.com/android-root.htm

China Tunnel
    http://www.dangbei.com/app/tv/2018/0314/6126.html

How to rooted youtube
    ubox2 and ubox3 can use kingoroot apk to root it. much easier. ubox4 and and ubox5 need to do it from computer.
    Thanks I got UBOX 4 so would these instructions work?
  • I just put in Turbo VPN. What do you mean by root the box? And is China Tunnel in the Google Play Store?
    what generation box are u using? google "how to root ubox" or ask mr. ubox @535four on here lol. install china tunnel from the play store after u rooted the box. it's free.
    Sure...lol..
    How can we root the box 2
    Use Kingo root, either Windows version or scroll down and download the Android version you want. After rooted, install China Tunnel VPN.
    https://www.kingoapp.com/android-root.htm

China Tunnel
    http://www.dangbei.com/app/tv/2018/0314/6126.html

How to rooted youtube
    ubox2 and ubox3 can use kingoroot apk to root it. much easier. ubox4 and and ubox5 need to do it from computer.
    Thanks I got UBOX 4 so would these instructions work?
    Yes, all version.
  • Hi all, new to the forums and just wanted to thank everyone for the information in the thread.

Like others, I’ve experienced issues due to ISP restrictions (Telstra)

I’ve begun trying to root my ubox4 but when trying to connect it to my pc or Mac I cannot find the device. I can hear it connect then quickly disconnect. Even kingoroot can’t detect it. I’ve gone through setting to allow usb debugging but can’t see any other option to do with USB mode.

Any suggestions. Am I just being silly ?
  • For ubox with issues in Australia, I know that using a DNS changer to change the DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 does work. Those changes are for the box.
    Will it work if one changes the DNS on the ROUTER instead? Hope someone has tried this. Just don't want to go through the try and see process again.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    It will work on the router
    For ubox with issues in Australia, I know that using a DNS changer to change the DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 does work. Those changes are for the box.
    Will it work if one changes the DNS on the ROUTER instead? Hope someone has tried this. Just don't want to go through the try and see process again.
  • Thanks. I will set the DNS on my router as well, unless someone gives me a reason to do so. That means I will have the DNS servers set to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 in both my Ubox wifi settings and my router LAN settings.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    If you set it in your router, then you don't need to set it in your box.
    Thanks. I will set the DNS on my router as well, unless someone gives me a reason to do so. That means I will have the DNS servers set to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 in both my Ubox wifi settings and my router LAN settings.
  • Here are some notes on how I got my ubox3 to work in australia. It might help to have explicit intructions. Only the settings on the ubox were changed.

For a LAN connection, under settings change the connect mode to Static IP and and add the DNS1 8.8.8.8 and DNS2 8.8.4.4. The other values of the IP address and gateway should be the same as in the DHCP setting. This works fine using the orange UBTV app. 

For the WIFI connection, its a bit less obvious but the same. The steps are

1) Press the three dots in the top right corner and press advanced

2) Note down the IP address at the bottom

3) Go back to the wifi connection list and long press (you need to connect a mouse) the current wifi connection to bring up the modify network  

4) Set IP settings to Static

5) Enter the IP address from 2)

6) Enter the gateway by going to another computer following start->type cmd in the search box->type ipconfig-> look up default gateway under wireless LAN adapter wireless network connection 

7) enter DNS1 8.8.8.8 and DNS2 8.8.4.4

8) press save

Somehow this doesn't connect perfectly when the ubox is turned on, but it eventually connects within a few minutes of retrying. There's probably some better setting, but at least it works!

Thanked by 1howiethieu
  • Hi Havingaliedown,

I tried what you suggested and under the wifi it says "obtaining IP address..." but is stuck there.

When I go back into the settings the IP address is greyed out back to the original address.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Howie

• padmanpadman Moderator

You would need to change the IP address manually I believe

Copy down the ip, gateway, subnet the router is giving you. Then fill those up manually, and then just fill in the DNS

• The reason is you might have other devices needing to use websites blocked by ISP and government not just UBTV itself