VOD

Does anyone get the same problem with UB VOD not updated?

Comments

• 535four535four Member
    edited August 2018
    Does anyone get the same problem with UB VOD not updated?
    Well, it all depends, for HK drama, I've just finished watched "The Stunt" #18, 身後事務所 #11. B B 来了#20, I think these are the newest.
  • hi guys, first time discovering these forums.
    asking on behalf of my wife. we have a ubox 3 and recently have been unable to get past the startup screen. unblock support recommended we reinstall the OS which we have done but we have not been able to get back into UBTV Live (goes straight to Bing) and UBVOD (login failed).

anyone else having these issues?

I took a photo of the MAC in UBTV and sent it to their support team and they said MAC error and it needs to be repaired? did i brick it somehow?
  • 535four535four Member
    edited September 2018
    How can be possibly to determined by looking at the MAC says there's a error on it? Is the MAC photo you took from the back of the box? How about those 3rd party apps working?
  • yeah i'm not quite sure either. at this stage, it seems like UBTV Live and UBVOD are the only ones having issues. I took a vid of me trying to get into UBTV Live and it takes me straight to Bing and unblock support asked me to take a photo of the MAC code which i did (within UBTV Live's settings). Next thing i know, i was told that there's a mac error and it needs to be repaired.

i went ahead and tried a few different apps and those seem to stream fine so not 100% sure why the other 2 are not working.

UBTV Live was initially showing as being blocked by my ISPs but going through a VPN didn't fix it. Neither did setting my DNS to Google's. Might just be me then.
  • i believe your Ubox has been flagged as illegal by Ubox tech's.
    thats y the Mac Address brings u to "Bing Homepage"
    i did that once to my Sony Tablet, n it brought me to the "Bing Website" because they know its not a Ubox.
    i reflashed my Sony Tablet firmware back to stock firmware after that.
  • yeah i'm not quite sure either. at this stage, it seems like UBTV Live and UBVOD are the only ones having issues. I took a vid of me trying to get into UBTV Live and it takes me straight to Bing and unblock support asked me to take a photo of the MAC code which i did (within UBTV Live's settings). Next thing i know, i was told that there's a mac error and it needs to be repaired.

i went ahead and tried a few different apps and those seem to stream fine so not 100% sure why the other 2 are not working.

UBTV Live was initially showing as being blocked by my ISPs but going through a VPN didn't fix it. Neither did setting my DNS to Google's. Might just be me then.
    @cash could be right about that. Have you to reboot the modem?
  • hmm that's interesting that that's happened. it seems like this only happened after unblock support team told me to reinstall the OS because we couldn't get past the initial start up screen.

have rebooted modem and everything but it seems like that didnt help.
    It's hard that they don't seem to understand the problem, instead of just telling me to send it back to China for repairs and all.

Is there a way to reflash it back to the stock firmware?
  • 535four535four Member
    edited September 2018
    What firmware did you load on to it? S800 or s900?
  • i can't remember. in any case, the family has resorted to other apps so i guess we'll be ok for now. thanks for everyone's help though! much appreciated.
  • i can't remember. in any case, the family has resorted to other apps so i guess we'll be ok for now. thanks for everyone's help though! much appreciated.
    curious, what app is used?