UBox 4 and UBox Pro difference?

I have looked at the UBox 4 and Ubox Pro specs and they are both the same except from that the Ubox Pro runs on Android 7 and is $40 more, is there any other difference between them in terms of channels, system UI and stability?

Thanks

Comments

• Spec is not the same. Upro is faster with H6 CPU along with Mali T720 GPU. Channels are the same and both working perfectly fine.
  • Spec is not the same. Upro is faster with H6 CPU along with Mali T720 GPU. Channels are the same and both working perfectly fine.
    Oh my bad, I just double checked on their website and indeed the Pro has (H6 Cortex-A53 CPU and Mail-T720 GPU) and the UBox 4 has (Cortex-A53 CPU and Mail 400MP2 GPU), do you think the Pro version is worth the extra $40 even if the channels are the same?
  • it's always better to buy the newest version. both works fine. my upro comes with an air mouse inside the original box. probably that's why it cost a little more.
  • 535four535four Member
    edited June 2018
    Just got mine yesterday, it runs faster, I'm happy with it. Just checked all brand boxes has been removed from the web site but not (Unblock tech) due to recently the custom activities in HK, so don't know these boxes how long will it last, I would suggest to hold on to it.
  • it's always better to buy the newest version. both works fine. my upro comes with an air mouse inside the original box. probably that's why it cost a little more.
    I think I will just get the Ubox 4 if the channels are the same as the UPro, also I checked their website and the packaging doesn't come with an air mouse so I guess it is added in extra from the seller you got it from.

https://www.unblocktech.com/uboxpro/packing
    Just got mine yesterday, it runs faster, I'm happy with it. Just checked all brand boxes has been removed from the web site but not (Unblock tech) due to recently the custom activities in HK, so don't know these boxes how long will it last, I would suggest to hold on to it.
    Where did you get it from? I don't think my parents and relatives will notice the speed difference between them as their main aim is just to watch live HK channels, VOD and replay.

Also, I saw the recent HK custom activities news and Unblock Tech boxes were in there too.
  • TVBullshitTVBullshit Junior Member
    I have the old Unblock Tech Gen 2. I don't turn off my box but only press "Home" to get out of the app. It may run slower than the newer boxes but not extremely slow. As long as it doesn't buffer, ( which it doesn't) I'm satisfied.

I suggest everyone wait until after the World Cup to purchase their box. In the meantime, if you have an android box...download Cherry Tv APK. It's been working for 6 months now with the patch. See the 3rd Party Apps for more info.