Which box to get?

2»

Comments

• I actually bought a ubox for my parent month ago when the BlueTV was down. They are pretty happy with ubox and the GUI is as simple to use. I just show my mom one time and she already know how to use it.
    No doubt it is a personal thing. But a lot of people buy these boxes for their parents and not for their personal use. At the end of the day, if you somewhat know what you are doing there is no need to buy these boxes whatsoever. However, people want easy to use experience and GUI is one important factor.
    Let's not talk about the GUI thing first, it's a very personal thing. To me, Ubox is a very simple box as 1, 2, 3.
    Don't know how many ubox user knows there's a TV button on the remote, if you want to watch live all you have to do is press the TV button and it brings you there, and the Apps button is right next to it for navigation . and also you can program each app on short cuts (FN) using the remote from 1 to 9 for your favorite apps. It's as simple as that.
  • tomato123tomato123 Show Producer
    What trouble me is that the FN key will lost whenever uVOD update and I have to reprogram the app's FN key again.

Let's not talk about the GUI thing first, it's a very personal thing. To me, Ubox is a very simple box as 1, 2, 3.
    Don't know how many ubox user knows there's a TV button on the remote, if you want to watch live all you have to do is press the TV button and it brings you there, and the Apps button is right next to it for navigation . and also you can program each app on short cuts (FN) using the remote from 1 to 9 for your favorite apps. It's as simple as that.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    edited June 2018
    LOL, of course you don't remember or choose not to mention when ubox have it's app/GUI update woes when all you see is
    S1 S2 S3 S4

Your shots at me is getting little tiresome. We all know you love ubox, why not just leave it at that?
    I actually bought a ubox for my parent month ago when the BlueTV was down. They are pretty happy with ubox and the GUI is as simple to use. I just show my mom one time and she already know how to use it.
    No doubt it is a personal thing. But a lot of people buy these boxes for their parents and not for their personal use. At the end of the day, if you somewhat know what you are doing there is no need to buy these boxes whatsoever. However, people want easy to use experience and GUI is one important factor.
  • LOL, of course you don't remember or choose not to mention when ubox have it's app/GUI update woes when all you see is
    S1 S2 S3 S4

Your shots at me is getting little tiresome. We all know you love ubox, why not just leave it at that?
    I actually bought a ubox for my parent month ago when the BlueTV was down. They are pretty happy with ubox and the GUI is as simple to use. I just show my mom one time and she already know how to use it.
    Oh yea..of course I'd remember, that was long gone when this company were just came out to the market but they were improved day by day based on users inputs, that's why I recommend to get the UBOX pro for those don't know how to updated the newest UBlauncher which I've had it all versions updated, at lease all boxes still working. I recommended was not because I love this box, I recommended because they don't rip off people like others, all version boxes still working as day one. I have no intense to shot at you because you've gave them a bad review, don't get me wrong, I'm trying to convince people not to get screw by these greedy company on and on.I'm here is to trying to helping people and that's all, nothing more.
  • Let's not talk about the GUI thing first, it's a very personal thing. To me, Ubox is a very simple box as 1, 2, 3.
    It would be good if they allow you to program the TV button on the remote as the button defaults to UBTV app and the name of the live channels are in English whereas it is Chinese in the UBLive app.

• Let's not talk about the GUI thing first, it's a very personal thing. To me, Ubox is a very simple box as 1, 2, 3.
    It would be good if they allow you to program the TV button on the remote as the button defaults to UBTV app and the name of the live channels are in English whereas it is Chinese in the UBLive app.

Well, if you've set it up the system in English, it will show in English on default Live TV app, if you use the new app UBlive it will show in Chinese. ( they have 2 apps ) don't ask me why : ) but on the remote it's the default live app it content s playback as well.
  • diyguydiyguy Junior Member
    I looked at the Unblock UPRO I900, the 5th generation from a company Cocotron on ebay and the description of the box seems to have more channels to watch. It looks more promising than the HTV5. I like the HTV3 box and has been using it for 3 years and is time to replace. The recent ongoing problem (buffering) with HTV3 has me think twice. I am leaning to get the UBOX instead. Thanks for those who gave their input.

It would be really nice if padman can do another review on the latest UBOX model. I like his product review, it is very informative, tells you the good and the bad about the box which is what I need to know.
    Thanked by 1ralphc
  • I looked at the Unblock UPRO I900, the 5th generation from a company Cocotron on ebay and the description of the box seems to have more channels to watch. It looks more promising than the HTV5. I like the HTV3 box and has been using it for 3 years and is time to replace. The recent ongoing problem (buffering) with HTV3 has me think twice. I am leaning to get the UBOX instead. Thanks for those who gave their input.

It would be really nice if padman can do another review on the latest UBOX model. I like his product review, it is very informative, tells you the good and the bad about the box which is what I need to know.
    Buy a Ubox 4 instead if pro for under $150, you'll no regret for this box for this price.
    Ubox 4 review:
    Thanked by 1LuftWaffle
  • Unblocktech and EVPAD use the same server? Seems like their authorized reseller supports both?

http://www.safeprosys.com/unblock/uproi900.html
  • My Google Fu has failed me. Turns out it is seperate, although the specs seemed similar at first glance. Thought it was like TVPAD4/BlueTV and HTV3/A1 of same hardware for different markets.

Now i’d really like to know if the HK, TW and Overseas edition have the same content or is geo ip # address blocked somehow?

http://www.unblocktech.com/en/uboxpro/
  • Unblocktech and EVPAD use the same server? Seems like their authorized reseller supports both?

http://www.safeprosys.com/unblock/uproi900.html
    I don't think so even though its selling by the same authorized dealer.
    Thanked by 1LuftWaffle
  • My Google Fu has failed me. Turns out it is seperate, although the specs seemed similar at first glance. Thought it was like TVPAD4/BlueTV and HTV3/A1 of same hardware for different markets.

Now i’d really like to know if the HK, TW and Overseas edition have the same content or is geo ip # address blocked somehow?

http://www.unblocktech.com/en/uboxpro/
    Some user here purchased the TW version and asked for help not getting the APP market loaded or can not download, so I think it's different, otherwise it's no use to have different version.
    I have had uploaded the files for them to install and it works on a different version box.
    Thanked by 1LuftWaffle