Issue with the recent May 2018 Firmware update

Hi guys,

Are any of you guys able to update the May firmware update? I am seeing this message every time the box is turned on and I never get pass the 0.10/7.49M. Does anyone got the actual update firmware file? Thanks,

zWolfman

Comments

• padmanpadman Moderator
    It updated fine on my htv5. Do you have enough space on your box?
  • Sorry for hijacking the thread but I also seem to be having the same problem on my HTV5 (first generation i think), I was prompted by the message on the top of the main menu to upgrade so I went to the 'upgrade' app and it would not connect to the server. The 'settings' section also seems to be broke as I could not get into it so my connection is always wired.

I also do have this problem regarding the blue screen. Or the piece of shit which my parents call lol
    https://tvpad.ca/discussion/1490/htv5-stuck-on-blue-screen#latest

I could not download the above files in that thread so my solution was just to leave the HTV5 on indefinitely as when it switches off, it will have the blue screen. Turning it on and off will get off the blue screen however it takes alot of effort with on and offs before it comes back.

I have already tried the restore to factory setting (pressing menu constantly on boot) but I still experience the above issues with non-working settings section/unable to update/blue screen =(

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • Hi Padman, what is the number of your updated firmware. Mine was dated December 2017.
  • Hi Padman, what is the number of your updated firmware. Mine was dated December 2017.
    Me too, but my box just got the update for May 2018 this weekend. My dad's box got the update a lot earlier. Very weird.